A fun new use for tokens
  • 176 posts
  • Page 1 of 12
elysium5 wrote:
Token Battle Games

Token Battle Games will follow the same rules as any other normal games with one additional feature; you will be required to pay extra tokens to join a game which will go into a pot and the winner will receive the pot.

For example, if it is a 4 player game and the additional join cost is 120 tokens, the pot will be 480 tokens (4 players @ 120 tokens each) and the winner will receive the 480 token pot in addition to any and all statistics/points/ratings they would normally receive.

There will be both live games randomly announced in the live game lobby chat and sign ups for long term games in this thread.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
SpamFree wrote:
Howdy:pirate:
I have a few questions regarding Token Battle Games...

1. Will buy in always be 120 tokens/player?
2. What gametypes will be played and with what options?
3. How frequently will they be played?
4. Will there be an option, at some point, for anyone to create such games?
5. Will tokens be useful for anything, other than the ridiculous fee to play on Caribbean?
(Why not try to encourage use of other maps by charging for World Classic instead?)

R.I.P. Jungle of Despair :(

elysium5 wrote:
1. No, there will be quite a range of token/player values.
2. The gametypes and options will vary, depending on how I feel at the time (feel free to make suggestions).
3. Now sure about the frequency. It will depend on how busy I am. Hopefully, it will be a good amount.
4. It has been talked about and likely will happen eventually but there are so many other things to work on that I thought I would have some fun with this myself.
5. Yes, we will be selling special tin foil hats for the price of a gazillion tokens for players to wear that will help them roll better dice and the Carribean map will likely be rotated out of the token cost (not too sure on that, though).
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Axobongo wrote:
i have often thought, if a game goes over 60 or 100 rounds, the win should be a little sweeter and some extra points given,, ( you scan spend months fighting for a win of 12 whole points) . Tokens games could offer a sweeter pot for such an effort.  Just a thought ( a cool one)
Axobongo is online.
elysium5 wrote:

Game #1 Open Now Full Finished
https://dominating12.com/game/723476
Map name: World Classic
Gametype:Deathmatch
Cards:Increasing
Card turn in:Normal
Fog of war:No
Fortification:Chained
Turn time:24 hours
Turn order:Consecutive
Teams:Free for all
Dice:OriginalRating
limit:No limit
120 Token Join Cost
(plus normal token cost to join a game)
480 Token Purse
(plus normal points/statistics the winner normally receives)

Reply in this thread to sign up for this game (Game #1)
A PM will be sent with the password to participants who sign up to join the game when the number of players to fill the game has been reached.

Players
1. Babudji (120 token fee has been deducted from account)
2. alex flex baste (120 token fee has been deducted from account)
3. lazer36 (120 token fee has been deducted from account)
4. ruffrider (120 token fee has been deducted from account)

A PM has been sent with your password. Good Luck!

And the winner is ruffrider! Congratulations!
480 Tokens have been added to your account.
elysium5 wrote:

Game #2 Open Now Full Finished
https://dominating12.com/game/723957
Map name: World Classic
Gametype:Deathmatch
Cards:Increasing
Card turn in:Normal
Fog of war:No
Fortification:Chained
Turn time:24 hours
Turn order:Consecutive
Teams:Free for all
Dice:OriginalRating
limit:No limit
120 Token Join Cost
(plus normal token cost to join a game)
480 Token Purse
(plus normal points/statistics the winner normally receives)

Reply in this thread to sign up for this game (Game #2)
A PM will be sent with the password to participants who sign up to join the game when the number of players to fill the game has been reached.

Players
1. DrJardi (120 token fee has been deducted from account)
2. G.B.H. (120 token fee has been deducted from account)
3. VinoTinto (120 token fee has been deducted from account)
4. tamaulipeco (120 token fee has been deducted from account)

A PM has been sent with your password. Good Luck!

And the winner is VinoTinto! Congratulations!
480 Tokens have been added to your account.
Matty wrote:
Everything will be as normal, except that Elysium deducts 120 tokens before you join and gives all (4 * 120 = 480) tokens to the winner.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria