just showing some statistics
  • 41 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
The_Bishop wrote:
I'm happy for the new tool showing the games played per months. Maybe not many noticed it. I wanted to show statistics of maps (as I read it few minutes ago, but they can change quickly).

[image]
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
The default map will always be the main go to map for familiarity and I think Caribbean is played mostly by the same people every day without fail... being a small map, the games are over quickly allowing for more games per day.

Here's where I see the problem with players not trying other maps; mostly a fear of the unknown, "will there be special game-play that I will have to learn and others know well?", "I will have to learn the connectivity", "I will be unfamiliar with the territory names", "I won't know if this map will suit 6p Cap's" and a whole army of reasons why not to use other maps.

The premium maps have an excuse, they are unavailable to non-premium players to create and the majority of premium players are not as diverse as they'd like to believe they are. One player stands out as truly diverse in my eyes, momagajic, he creates and also accepts invites to every map, but I hear from most premium players time and time again, "I don't like this one". Some people base their choices on their perceived luck on that map.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
Discontinued maps are not listed.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
World Classic is so popular for obvious reasons!

Caribbean is so popular for "un-obvious" reasons, but most of all I think it's the pleasure to play fast live games and also for its great D12 tradition. But now we have got many small maps, each with a different style, since I suggest to try them all. I thought World Reduced would have been more successful really.

What I read from the statistics is that old maps still excel in popularity because people tend to play more the maps they know more. Even if we have so many new ones, they need time to get used to play them. I knew of Mediterranean States to be very popular but I was unaware of United States really.

Premiums maps are heavily penalized. Many premium users can create games on them, but then we have to wait more for the game to start, because people try to avoid to spend tokens for a single game.
Vexer wrote:
Maybe the reason why the premium maps aren't getting played as often is that players are spending all the tokens they can spare to play on the caribbean map.
Clarke wrote:
That is true Vexer, I specifically save my tokens for Carib. and wont play other token maps.
berserker wrote:
I like maps with lots of "continents" but not overly complicated ones like that one with horses, i'm sure i've been a part of at least 50% of those Medi games. :P
123playcard wrote:
Not sure if it is ever mentioned but a "map of the week" bonus in points or recognition may make it more fun for people to try new map.
The_Bishop wrote:
As I said things change fast. Since I want to show the update:

[image]

United States falls down 200 games per month, but still it's 3rd after the unreachable World Classic and Caribbean.
Falklands and World Modified drastically went out of the Top Twelve. New York and East Indies are in!
Italia hardly resists, but the competition is high! Anchor Bay is growing.

Nice proposal from 123playcard. There is some good maps ignored and others not so good ultra-played. If you tell ppl they will gain just 1 extra point for playing the "Map of the Week" (doesn't matter the result of the game) I think you suddenly are having some dozens of games more on that map. Just to make them to "rotate" a bit more and don't play always the same.

Trying out the use of dozenal system (click to show)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Does the 'Games Played last Month' statistic count the amount of games finished last month, or in the last 30 days? If I looked at the stats now, would they show the amount of games on the map over March, or over the past 30 days?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
Past 30 days would be the most logical thing.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Today I really didn't know what to do, so I calculated a bit of statistics on maps. Using the facility of the Julian date I rated them by average games played per day from the beginning until today.

So here my rating:

Top 24 (click to show)
All the others (click to show)

*I hope there aren't any miscalculations.
The_Bishop wrote:
Here the top 12 most played maps of the last 30 days.

[image]