BE CAREFUL!!!
  • 68 posts
  • Page 5 of 5
Matty wrote:
emjaydee - Nov 14, 08:53 AM
... and would also state that I believe the majority of players would have made the same move ...
This is one of the reasons I always password my games and only play with players I know really well.

You see, if one person starts to make low chance moves, than the others HAVE TO make low chance moves themselves - otherwise the 'one person' will always decide the outcome of the game - either a lucky pull off, or another ruined game.

It's not just you, I see lots of ppl do this - it used to be only capital games (hence this topic), but now ppl do it everywhere.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
No idea what he wrote but thanks JS243 to remind me to show the complete list with all the games completed:

3p Cap Ancient R. = UltrasPlot
4p Dom Falkland I. = Annajoyce
5p D.M USA = The_Bishop
6p Dom Melee = maafi

6p Cap S. Africa = annulled
7p D.M Realm H.P. = Sygmassacre
8p Dom Tamriel = maafi
9p Cap New York = Fendi

Thanks everybody for joining and congrats to all the winners!
Maafi seems to be the one who won most, special congrats! (Y)
Ultras wasn't able to win more then a 3p games! Hahaha

Really I was lucky in the USA map otherwise I would have scored zero. In my first days "back" I got a good winning stream then I started to lose more and more day by day :(

By the way in these days my mind is inexorably attracted by chess, since I'm taking a bit of break from D12 games. Sorry for refusing invites from nice people, I hope for your comprehension.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
@Ultras - Don't get discouraged, luck is like a wheel!

If you have a chessboard at your home and you know the algebraic notation then we can also play correspondence chess here. As you can play mafia games. Here the forum would be helpful to keep trace of the exact time you make your move. Can be set like 1 day per move for example, like we play risk games, or even more days if you like.

@Sygma - I didn't comment your win really because it was mostly caused by Cireon's misclicking. Matty suggested he could ask an agreement to the others players involved to undo that wrong move. But Cireon refused arguing that misclicking is part of the game. I think it was very honest from his side because personally I would have granted him the right to undo the move. As several times happened that someone helped me when I was running out of time or there were some glitches on my pc.

All this make me in the mood to introduce this subject to the public. For example I played a game when a player ran out of time, and I won it exploiting that mistake. Then he complained that my behaviour was very unfair. Plus someone other in the game, knowing that I got "game attendant's powers" suggested that it was my due to add time to that player in order to let him to finish his turn.

And now I'm relinking to chess. As a chess players I am used to this kind of things. In chess there is no undo buttons, the move is the move, if you run out of time then you simply lose the game and, very cruel, if you misclick it's your fault! On the net, but on the real board tournaments it's even more cruel because if you only touch a piece then it's mandatory for you to move that piece.

In both games I tend to use a lot of time to think. Sometimes this cause me to do very good moves, sometimes this cause me troubles like running out of time in chess, or like not having enough time to finish my attack in risk, or finish the attack but not having time to fortify.
It happens to me many times!

This is about running out of time, but also misclicking is a similar subject. I think it's a matter of conception how to act in those cases. If you think it is more like a friendly game then you can give the grant to undo the move or to add time. But if you think it is a very competitive game then there are no excuses: everybody is responsible for what he does. I mean it would be sportive to help the player in trouble, but it is not something that you can pretend from the others.

Am I right?
emjaydee wrote:
I agree with you Bishop. I misclicked once and ended a turn with 99 troops next to my capital instead of in it. Suffice to say, the player who went next won :( But it was my fault, so I don't deserve any sympathy. (Although the other players were not happy - However, I think most people have benefited from these kind of errors)

The only exception I make is for a noob in a Capital game. If in the first round they reduce their cap to less than 5, I tend to ask the other players to give them a 1 round amnesty. If they don't fix the mistake after advice - kill them.
The_Bishop wrote:
It depends how the misclick occurres and how the player explains it. But this is sometimes a tactic for "winner choosers". Since when someone leave the caps with 1 troop only, then I prefer an Admin's intervention. Not beginners but very expert players which simulate to misclick giving the game to someone other, this is something really bad! I'm not saying that is your case emjaydee but it sometimes happens.