Is there a list?
  • 56 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
Cireon wrote:
Apart from the animated ones, the smileys should now look better on dark backgrounds. :D
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Awesome, thanks Aero and Cireon!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Cireon.

@Hoodlum, any news on my earlier post about the animated frames?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
Test:

I was just testing if Windows Emojis would show in D12 forums and chat.... "No" !
Some OS allow a group of emojis to be placed in various programs, online forums and email, but something in D12 resists them, I guess it's safer that way.

BTW for all those who want to know where emoticons are on the PC, press and hold the Windows key and then press ; (semi-colon), then release both keys..
Give it a second and the emoticon window opens on top, whatever you click goes into whatever document / chat screen that you have open.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Bearskin wrote:

[image]

Is this any use?

its an apng filetype so may not work on all browsers (only checked in Chrome and Firefox)

I can do one for roll but its a lot more frames so will take a bit longer. Just did this one as a test
Cireon wrote:
Oh that's nice. I'm happy to replace the current animated emoji with transparent versions. Even open to add new emoji if there's a good reason to.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
aeronautic wrote:
Did you make this yourself from the D12 image frames Bearskin?
Bearskin wrote:
Sort of. Had to redraw each of the frames, but I used the D12 animated gif as the basis for each frame. (for outlines, size, etc.)

Actually in both my png version and the original D12 gif, frames 1, 3 & 5 are the same - as are 2, 4, & 6.
So only two different frames to draw. Just had to experiment a bit to get the exact timings of each frame, but I think I got them in the end.

The roll gif is over 20 frames, all different, so it'll take me quite a bit longer.

Shall I go ahead with it?

aeronautic wrote:
Yes please.
I hit a brick wall with the animated emojis, due to no transparencies from GIF's without pixelated edges.
I did all the static ones, because I could use PNG's, but had no way of animating PNG's.
Bearskin wrote:

Here you go:    [image]

Also, here's another one I was working on just for fun:      [image]
think the hand could do with some further work though

aeronautic wrote:
Roll, is perfect.

Face Palm: Yeh, it could come up at an angle across the mouth.
LOL at the eyes.

Until they're copied and entered into the system, I'll hack your posts and look at the source images on the black background to see how they look.

Yes, perfect on Black as well.

Do you have pixel dimensions in case the programmers have a frame for them to fit?
Cireon wrote:
18 pixels is the height emoji should have. 18 is the preferred width, but they can be wider in some cases.
Bearskin wrote:
Dimensions for all three are 18px high, 18px wide.
I figured it would be better if they were the same size as the existing static emoji.

Is the face palm (FFS as I call it) something that you might use?
If so, I'll crack on and do some hand manipulation - think you're right @aeronautic, it would be better if it was at an angle.

aeronautic wrote:
@Bearskin, Face Palm could actually be static, but animated emojis are good for emphasis and for those that are a process that can only be seen by a movement, such as eye-rolling.

@Cireon, is there a place on the site that tells us what to type to get each emoji?
Bearskin wrote:
animated and static:

[image]

[image]

Both 18px high, 18px wide as before.
Use, or not, as you see fit. Just did it as a bit of fun.