Is there a list?
  • 56 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
aeronautic wrote:
@Cireon, would you like me to clean up the pixelated areas of the Emojis? This will make a big difference to the most viewed page by Live Players, the Lobby.
I remember you saying something about the sizes not being equal, but I can simply turn each into a separate transparent PNG at the same size (except the animated ones) and post them for you to either overwrite the image or create a sprite with... let me know?
Nothing will be changed on the Emoji / Emoticon, only the white pixels removed.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
Hoodlum was already inthe process of doing that, but introduced very dark edges to the smileys which I didn't like. If you can just so a cleanup and give the animated ones a transparent background that would be great. Maybe coordinate with Hood if he has anything in the pipeline.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
Nothing in the pipeline. Probably better to start from scratch again
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
I can do all the static images, but I don't have an animation package.
I used to use Paintshop Pro which had one built in, but lost that program many moons ago.

If someone is able to re-animate them, then I would need the individual Frames so that I can make transparent PNG's or GIF's if mandatory.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
I made a sprite for the static emojis, but if you want them separated, you can either crop them from the transparency or let me know and I'll save them and upload them individually?
[image]
Sprite info (click to show)
Here's a demo of what they all look like on the same dark colour as the LL Chat:
[image]

I pasted the same "smile" emoji (edited) into a screenshot of the Live Lobby Chat for demo'.
LL Chat (click to show)

Transparent Frames for Hoodlum to remake the animated emojis (click to show)

@Cireon, I just made a screenshot of all the emojis on page 1 of this thread and will add the missing ones tomorrow.... today, it's 02:26am now.
aeronautic wrote:
I managed to screenshot the missing emojis and added them to the sprite:
[image]

Here is the kit if any others need fixing or if new ones need making, there's a template in there with just eyes on it if anyone has a new expression.
https://www.the-inkstore.co.uk/map_resources/emojis/emoji-KIT.psd
To make circular transparencies with no white pixels after using the elliptical marquee (hold down Shift for a perfect circle), inverting selection and deleting, use the magic wand marquee outside the emoji and delete again, line up the Fix Rings to the emoji, then {merge down} the Intermediate Ring and then {merge down} the Outer Ring and they will embed to the emoji, covering all white pixels.
Hoodlum wrote:
[image]
[image]
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Hood.

I will explain here that transparent GIF's show no semi transparent pixels so you get sharp edged pixels.

There is no way around this, it's the only way to make a transparent animation that suits all backgrounds.
Cireon wrote:
So... the problem I have with the new smileys is that because of their thicker borders, they look cut off at the sides. While in theory making the smileys bigger would be possible, it would make them no longer really fit into the text nicely. Also, I do prefer the thinner borders on a light background, and that's where we'll probably end up seeing them most :/

Anyway, definitely a good effort. If people generally feel positive to replacing them I will, but personally I am not entirely convinced.

Also, we store the smileys as separate images, because they are used in text and using a spritesheet is a bit more difficult then, so separate images would be preferred.
A list of all smileys can be found on the bbcode help page.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Matty wrote:
[image]:X o_O:|;):D:'(:P:o:):(:'):pirate::,:thumbs:
:ninja::{>:D^^:-*
:roll:
Just to see the differences.

Yeah, they are thicker again.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I have redone the emojis.
There's a dark demo as well to show the transparencies against a dark background such as the live lobby chat.
If they are okay like this, I will redo all the frames for Hood to make the animations.
I think I have made all the main emojis, but not necessarily in the same order.
Sprite info:
Start: x=1, y=1
Gaps: 1px vertical, 1px horizontal
Image Sizes: 18px X 18px
Exceptions : Last 2 emojis (Hand & Thumb), larger width only 19px X 18px.
[image]
There's a spare line on the above sprite for any future emojis.
[image]

@Hoodlum, I can't remember if you said that the frames for the animations have to be GIF's?
If so then there will always be sharp edged pixels, because GIF's won't show any semi-transparent pixels and therefore, the animations already made above may have to stay as they are.
I can however, make the edges less dark and maybe not look so sharp.
Please let me know if the program will animate PNG's, because then we'll get smooth edged transparencies?
aeronautic wrote:
If you have already viewed these before today, please refresh your screen, because I missed 1 emoji and have added it to the same images above.
Cireon wrote:
I guess they work like this, though I still need them as separate images I think :/ I can see if I can make it use spritesheets, but most likely that will be a bit of a pain since we are talking about in-line images here.
aeronautic wrote:
Separate images is no problem.
However, I don't know their names, so you'll have to name the files for reference, as I'll make them numbered.
Here you go: [image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image]
Cireon wrote:
Alright no problem, thanks, I will work on them this weekend.