Blank ranks
  • 106 posts
  • Page 7 of 8
SpamFree wrote:
Villain191
I really don't see the big deal about all this. If you want to show your rank do so, if you don't then don't, stop complaining about what others are doing like a bunch of small children.

[image]

[image]

bluebird005vis wrote:
Here's a suggestion to end the debate.
Let's leave everything as it is with 1 small change.
Make it possible for players to rank down.
In other words, make it possible for all players to hide their rank.
That way the players that choose to rank up in the past now have an opportunity to play on a level playing field if they so choose.
It would also serve to end this debate because it will be come very clear very soon if indeed there is no advantage to hidding your rank then players won't bother to hide it after a while.
Surely Fendi and the other players in the "inner circle" that hide their ranks don't want to deny the other players the right to hide their rank as well?
That would be discrimination, surely we want all players to have the same options, opportunities and rights?
Why should a player that decide to rank up once in the past be forced to forever show their rank?

UltrasPlot wrote:
Also the constant attacking of players who hide rank has got to stop...

Many of them do it for no advantage whatsoever, they just dislike the stress rank brings to the game!
bluebird005vis wrote:
Well, if they make it so everyone can hide their rank if they so choose all the attacks/debates will end.
The only decent argument I've heard in favor of being able to hide your rank is that it ads an extra tactical element.
Fair enough but why make it so static?
Why make so you can only choose 1 time to hide your rank and if you ever rank up you are forever stuck without the option to hide your rank.
Let's give everyone the opportunity to decide if they want to show a high or low rank depending on the type of game you enter or are playing.
You could even rank up or down during a game depending on what you would think would benefit you the most.
I've had games where at the start I had a low rank and after a nice run of some back to back wins i suddenly have a much higher ranking.
Players attitude towards you can change radically when this happens.
Why not then ad this to the tactical instruments at everyone's disposal?
The problem is that other players who did rank up now don't have the option to hide their rank giving them a distinct disadvantage.
SpamFree wrote:

[image]

Sounds like a winner to me but I suspect it will not be so well-received by all. We shall see ;)

(The attacks to which, I believe, UltrasPlot is referring, are the constant trolling of Numbskull in the games of "Unranked Players". I suspect this change will have little affect on his harassing tactics.)

Abel wrote:
Heh, all I want is the Corporal rank then I'll never care about ranks either. Corporal is what I made it too in the Marines, thus only rank I care about. Probably won't see it soon though XD.
Sygmassacre wrote:
Eventually you'll find a setting you do well at and will rank up much quicker. Also, the more players in a game the more you win
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
SpamFree wrote:
Notice bluebird005vis' brilliant suggestion has no commentary by anyone of actual power.

Sadly, I figured it wouldn't get much traction.

Vexer wrote:
The plan is to make ranks semi automatic and that will happen after we modify the use of tokens so that the ranks won't cost tokens and you can purchase extra games with tokens instead.
SpamFree wrote:
And the downward spiral continues...

[image]