I know I'm not the only one with questions
  • 39 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
Sygmassacre wrote:
Wow so you can resign on purpose only now.....
http://www.dominating12.com/index.php?cmd=game&sec=play&id=561074
Just had 2 people resign from a 5 player game because they didn't like their situation but were nowhere near death yet. Fair enough if you have to go and want to be respectful but if you're just being a wimp stay out of my games. I seek serious competition and if you don't have the mettle go play Snakes and Ladders with the kids
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
aeronautic wrote:
Just looked and Yellow who resigned first, did all his attacks on you Syg, he attacked nobody else... looks like another new player who's first thought is, "if I can kill or weaken the best player here, I have a chance of winning". I'd call them a rank attacker, but it's more of a new player misconception!

But Henris resigning without good reason, that surprises me. Usually when you get to a high level you understand how you can ruin the game by not playing a part in it, no matter how little chance of winning you feel you have!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
elysium5 wrote:
That is a misuse of the resign feature.

Excerpts from the rules:

6. Play to win

Players should also not quit games just because they think they have already lost. Unless it is a two player game, the resign button should only be used if you do not have time to finish the game.

7. Take your turns or resign

Live Games

If you know in advance that you have to leave at a certain time and may not have enough time to finish a live game then don't join that game. If you are in a live game and unexpectedly have to leave then it is required that you resign. Also apologize for making them wait for your turn to time out. Obviously if you lose your connection or there was an emergency then you won't be able to inform the other players. But if you regularly quit games without informing the other players you will receive an official warning. After 3 warnings you will be banned.

If misuse or abuse happens, send a message to me, Crystal or Hoodlum with a brief description of the problem and a link to the game so we can address the offending players. We can also disable a players ability to use the resign feature.
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
elysium5 is online.
Sygmassacre wrote:
Yellow's first attacks were against me in oz which was fair enough. But the rest had that rank attack feeling about it.....not really sure though. Maybe being a non-premium meant he wanted to jump straight into another game and that's why he resigned.

Henris had the perception that he was being targeted by light blue but it seems he was really trying to just clear Henris out of Asia, not the best strategy but easily manageable by the rest of us if he was to get it, and he simply got frustrated.

The angle I was going for in my previous post was to highlight how the resign feature has both upsides and downsides to it and not to put the spotlight on any one player but I won't deny I used it as an outlet for venting :blush: But I'm definitely against using it under any circumstances
 Σ
Sygmassacre wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=563780

If attacking someone down so you both lose is considered murder/suicide then resigning when the third player is so strong and your forces are trapped so you have no fighting chance is surely flat out just suicide.

Surely this is misuse of the resign feature and I would officially like to report Villain191 for this
 Σ
Villain191 wrote:
Oh my please, you had plenty of opportunities to help me fight the strongest player, but you were gambling on me exploding my troops on him. As far as I was concerned coming back from being the first to lose a teammate to evening it to ones was a victory in it's own right. Now you want me to spoon feed you the game, maybe if I was one of those people desperate for points, but surely you know me better than that by now. The victor was the best player in the end, I don't see an argument against that, you chose your own fate.
Sygmassacre wrote:
You even said it in the chat. It didn't take much to read between the lines buddy. Plus you kept attacking my bonus in the south sea and leaving me on 6 while you both had 20s and expected me to help you when I was already the weakest. However you perceived the tactics you still misused the resign feature and cost not only me but yours and my team mates with you impetuous play.

Well done
 Σ
Sygmassacre wrote:
If you want to talk tactics start another thread. This is about the resign feature
 Σ