I know I'm not the only one with questions
  • 39 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
cbt711 wrote:
I know eventually a release will explain this in detail. I just noticed something in the log and had to ask:

Curious, does the resigning player still get tallied for missed turns? Because that looks bad on their profile when they "paid" tokens to use the function, I would assume they don't get hurt with missed turns added to their total.

I only ask because when a player is finally kicked after their two turns are up post resign, the log states "Player was kicked for missing too many turns".

Thanks.
Matty wrote:
Resigning is exactly the same as missing two consecutive turns, while anouncing it in front, and resetting the timer to 0.

So yes, you will lose the game like you would lose a normal game in which you timed out, meaning you will lose a tally against the winner.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
cbt711 wrote:
I guess I meant on your profile it shows how many missed turns you have. I don't think resigning should count against that number. Especially if you ever have a minimum Miss turn % feature (some time in the future of course). Again, thanks for replying so fast.
Vexer wrote:
Yes, as it is currently implemented it will add two missed turns to your total. This was mostly because it required less programming this way.

If the players want me to spend more time on it so that it doesn't add missed turns to your record they will have to voice it here and convince me.

There is a new news post that mentions the resign button. Please read it and if you still have questions let me know and I will answer them and modify the news post with the answer.
cbt711 wrote:
Good stuff, thanks for all the work. I don't think it matters unless you plan on putting missed turn % as a game restriction in the future. Then it will lead to people timing out anyway to save the 40 tokens if it's already going to hurt their missed turn tally anyway.
Vexer wrote:
If a player makes the other players wait on purpose for them to timeout in order to save the 40 tokens then they will be banned for being inconsiderate. We only want serious and respectful players on this site.
Dferguson wrote:
I like the option of resigning from game... however im getting tired and frustrated by it. People will join a game play 1-4 turns and if they dont like the rolls they are getting they us it to leave the game. This happened 3 times in a 5 player game and completely screwed any chance i had to win.

There must be a away to only have the option available if you are down to the last 2 players, or put a vote option to allow it if all players in the game agree on the resign for stalemate purposes.

I'm getting very angry playing lately and if this stops being enjoyable and fun then I will stop playing, I'm sure I am not the only one thinking this way. 
killrick wrote:
mabee there should be a catagory in your profile that states how many times you have used the resign button
ie: player has peed his pants and is running away crying like a little girl X amount of times
personally i dislike the resign button .just dont join a game you cant finish and NEVER!NEVER! NEVER! surrender.
Villain191 wrote:
killrick - Jun 13, 02:45 PM
mabee there should be a catagory in your profile that states how many times you have used the resign button
ie: player has peed his pants and is running away crying like a little girl X amount of times
personally i dislike the resign button .just dont join a game you cant finish and NEVER!NEVER! NEVER! surrender.

There is, it's just Games Resigned and not peed his pants...
CosmicCharlie wrote:
Vexer - Mar 1, 05:24 PM
If a player makes the other players wait on purpose for them to timeout in order to save the 40 tokens then they will be banned for being inconsiderate. We only want serious and respectful players on this site.
I don't agree with charging tokens or having missed turns when utilizing the "resign button" show up as missed turns and therefore effect my attendance rating.

If you want people to resign out of consideration to the other players, why do you:

a. Charge 40 tokens, instead of making it free.

That seems very counterproductive. Some people here seem concerned with their tokens, so why make it a difficult decision for them if you want to encourage them to use the resign function out of respect to others? It would be like helping an old lady across the street, and then her charging you $5 for doing so! It doesn't make sense to me to ask someone to do something out of consideration of others but charge them to do so (when it is "free" to do nothing).

b. Have it show up as a missed turn.

I never miss my turn (less than 1% of all turns), and it annoys me when I play with others and they miss their turn (especially when they are still active and just want to skip a turn for increasing card turn-ins or at beginning of the game to see how other players start out). But I don't want my attendance rating to suffer because I'm being doing something considerate for the other players because it will look like I'm someone who misses turns.

Maybe I'm reading the Matty and Vexer posts wrong, but that is how I interpreted their posts. If you want people to use the "Resign Button" out of respect of other players, make it as easy/pain-free as possible to encourage everyone to use it!!!
Matty wrote:
@CosmicCharlie: As easy it is to agree with you, did you read the post from Dferguson above?

We want to encourage them to use the resign button instead of missing turns, yes. But we don't want to encourage them to just press resign at every game that starts with a bad roll.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
Yeah, it's better to make it too costly to resign then cost free. We'd rather the button be under utilized than over. Use of the resign button is supposed to affect your attendance score. Even if I bothered coding it to not add a tally to your missed turns I would still code it to affect your attendance score. However, in the case where the game ends before you miss a turn your attendance score is not affected and in the case where the game ends before you go neutral you will not be charged tokens.

The reason I think it should affect your attendance score is because you are expected to finish the game. If you do not you did not fully attend.
Dferguson wrote:
This is a problem and there must be a way to rejig the way it operates:

Teade has resigned from the game.
18 Jun, 01:13 Teade ended the turn.
18 Jun, 01:12 India (Teade) attacks Siam (cline1377) killing 1 troops, losing 6.
18 Jun, 01:11 India was reinforced by Teade with 3 troops.
18 Jun, 01:11 Teade received 3 troops for 6 territories.
18 Jun, 01:11 Teade started the turn

This is happening all the time and screws players over. It changes the dynamic of the game and resign feature should not be used to escape a bad roll of the dice.

In my eyes the resign feature is for two reasons.. in 2 players games where the winner will be obvious, or in a stalemated game and all players agree to end it and get the points back after admin have the time to do so.
Vexer wrote:
I'm going to code limits on how many times the resign button can be used soon. Something like a max 2 times in the last 7 games.