The dreaded 4 cards of 2 colours that have no value whatsoever to the holder only!
  • 82 posts
  • Page 4 of 6
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
@aeronautic, I haven't changed my mind. I like the idea of the 4card-set, but if there are no restrictions to its use I am not sure about if I like it.

If I have to chose between A or B, none of them it's completely satisfactory for me, so will accept what the other players decide.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
aeronautic wrote:
There is a temporary problem with my server so the above image won't be viewable for the moment.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
Okay, as MuzuaneAskari pointed out, there is a third choice:

C) I am not sure / I am undecided / I have no view on this.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
I haven't said much here, but I must say I like to see how Aeronautic's 'summaries' are so subjective :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
The uploaded image is now active, so go back a couple of posts and see my living proof of the need for a 4 card set.
aeronautic wrote:
@Matty,
You need to remember what the point of raising a suggestion for a change to the rules is about.
To not be Subjective would be to pander to everyones whims and I'm here to try and get a 4 card set option on the turn-in not what everyone else is coming here with, which they never suggested or raised the topic of!
It's called sticking to the point!
Anything suggested that has a point, has been considered and thought about in depth and the results of consideration are then posted, which indeed others see as relevant.
Any posts that are just 'hear say' or 'gut feeling' are treated as such! Proof, Testing & Examples are really important!!!
aeronautic wrote:
I don't mind if the 4 card set is only introduced in the soon to be "Advanced Capitals" game, I would only play this type of game, it is an Option and that gives you a choice! I like choice! I have heard a few opt for this, but I would like to know Thorpe's view on this as it is 'His Baby'?
Thorpe wrote:
aeronautic, my view has not changed, I still do not like it and what I would like you to do is wait till we get the other subject closed...it is in staff forum for now...and then you can play the... must have 5 cards for a trade-in after a kill game-play and see if this fixes some of your problems of dieing to quickly...it will still happen, but a lot later in the game and a lot harder for it to happen.

I say it will confuse players, and cause them to go for the cards more than we have now. It seems like I want less "Killers" and you want more. I do know how you feel with holding onto 4 cards with-out a trade-in...it is like going for those cards hopeing for that trade-in after the kill (3 Cards) or I will wait for the other player to get enough so I can get 4cards and now I will have a trade-in ...I might get lucky and get the three card trade-in after a kill and will not have to use my forth card. One could or would think that (I would get rid of a player and will get a trade-in)...so it is a double bonus.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
aeronautic wrote:
@Thorpe I don't want more killers, quite the opposite, I want longer games with more strategy. I will be happy to play the Advanced Capitals, if it ever comes about and maybe take my tally to +3 from 3... "cough! hahmm! What? No, I didn't say anything"!!
Thorpe wrote:
LOL.
I know what you want and I can see the reason...I ,again, fear the out-come.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
aeronautic wrote:
I almost lost another rank tonight due to ill thought out attacks on either other players or myself, resulting in a dead game for 2 players and a gift to the next to play (never me)!!
I have now moved my thought away from ignoring the possibility of increased Kamikaze attackers, as they are more abundant now than ever and toward anything that makes a crazy undermanned attack difficult to make... I still get caught with 4 useless cards and become a target with 5 in almost every Caps game, which I think should be eliminated as soon as possible for card fairness.

However, if the old rules of no turn-in at all unless 5 or more cards was back in place, I see no reason to worry about the 4 card set I suggested!

Is the new system better? I doubt it! Look at the type of player it has spawned!
Is going back to the old (original) Risk card rules the way to go? I would say, "yes"!

I hereby shut my trap on the whole subject, as it appears that those who love the new rules, love them because they can manipulate them for their own ends and any suggestion of change worries those that are struggling to cope with these "couldn't care less about the outcome" card hunters!

So it's too sore a subject to bring up anymore, but feel free to throw it back and fore from now until the end of time!
The_Bishop wrote:
About the unfairness of holding 4 cards with no set, I have just came up with a new idea. Instead of creating a new special set formed by 4 cards (2 of color + 2 of an other color) as Aeronautic suggested.

I was thinking, why not to simply allow players to turn in at the end of their turns, only in case they hold 5 cards. It would reach the effect proposed by Muzuane to use this special grant only as a defensive resource. I mean your turn has just finished but you have 5 cards since you can turn in a set and deploy the troops immediately, but this is the only thing you can do.

Just an alternative idea with very similar effect. Let me know what do you think about it.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I like your idea Bishop, but we should find a way to do that only if you didn't have a set with 4 cards (I mean, this option couldn't be available for those who had a set with 4 cards and decided not to turn them, but after a failed attack want to defend themselves changing cards).
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
This week I lost some games (and I am going to lose one more) because I had 4 cards and no set, and I thought a lot about this post.

Is this suggestion in any “to do list”?

I would like to implement in this way (just to have something concrete to talk about):

When you are going to start your turn and you have 4 cards but no set a dialogue box will pop up asking: Do you want to make your defensive trade?

Which means that after your attacks and tactical move you can change your cards (to avoid that this option could be used for offensive movements). If during your turn you have conquered a country, at the end of the turn you would get a new card but always after you would have changed the 4 you had when you started the turn.

But you have to decide if you are going to change cards before your dice roll, it's a Defensive option.

This option could be available in any NO FIXED cards and one time every 20 turns, which it is almost to say once in a game.
Clarke wrote:
I don't like the idea. Having 4 cards and no set is a huge part of the game. Just part of how it goes. Please dont change it.