Only by invitation
  • 89 posts
  • Page 5 of 6
anuorre wrote:
Agreed. In a game, where n > 2 players, then +1 (or even +2) should not be an issue. Hence no restart. This is because the other 2 players can, in theory, balance out the game. It does not give one play so significant advantage over every other player. For +3 and above, then a restart should happen.

But in a game where n = 2, then I would say that a restart should only apply when it's +2 and above. +1 is likely in medium/big maps. +2 provides a significant advantage (I say that after playing many 1v1 games, where I'm 2nd to start and the 1st player has a +2 advantage. It almost always means I lose.
slackbatter wrote:
I don't think I would ever be in favor of restart.

1. Luck is luck. Play lots of games and it will all even out.
2. Starting with a bonus can also carry a disadvantage because you are not distributed as well across the map.
3. Any advantage can be corrected in game by the other players generally targeting the lucky one or even breaking the bonus if they want to. I've seen this done many times without it even having to be coordinated or discussed in the chat.
anuorre wrote:
Yeah in games where is it not 1v1 (or n = 2) that tends to even balance out. But the case where it's 1v1, a region advantage is more than enough to tip the game.
The_Bishop wrote:
You read my mind @slackbatter

However 'Yes' to @anuorre: 1v1 and 2v2 games are affected by unfair drops.

The purpose here is to decide if this tournament needs a lucky drop limitation, like -- I don't know -- if one starts with a 7-troop reinforcement then we restart.. (??). Because if it has to be so, it has to be decided Before it occurs!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
periwinkle wrote:
I also think I depends on how high the stakes are. The world dominator tournament you only have 1 game to claim a territory.  Many of the games in that tournament are 1v1 and you might be eliminated from the tournament.  So in that case, yes a fair drop is good practice. However in other tournaments, when there are multiple players or multiple games with a point system then having a fair drop isn't as crucial. 
periwinkle is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
Congratulation @biso for your win, you are the new King of Predators!

You can now profit of 1 month premium prize.
biso wrote:
Step 1...Collect Underpants...Step 2....?....Step 3...Profit.
The_Bishop wrote:
I'm waiting the September D12 list for running a new edition of the Predators'.
The_Bishop wrote:
The map choice, by the top 6 players, will be automatic this time, according to the most played maps in their statistics. This way is more simple for me: less messages to send and no need to re-message everyone if a top player join at the last moment.