Only by invitation
  • 89 posts
  • Page 4 of 6
The_Bishop wrote:
@DreamStreet, wait for my personal invite, please.
Only invited players can join this, your rating this month is likely not enough but close.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
I don't know why subscriptions seem to naturally stop at 30 participants. 60 have been invited so far.
Waiting for 6 more to answer my invite message, otherwise I will extend it to the top 66, or even 72.
Meanwhile, just for your curiosity... :)

King of Predators, 6 editions map statistics:

Balkan Peninsulaxxx
Falkland IslandsxxxxXx
New ZealandxxxxXx
Solar Systemxxx
SwitzerlandxxxxX
TorxxxxX
United Statesxxxx
West Indiesxxxx
The_Bishop wrote:
In Game 1378633 a restart proposal arose because of a lucky drop. I would like to discuss the subject here.

Periwinkle's idea of restarting the games when one get a bonus for free is getting more and more popular, but for this tournament we haven't established anything, so I don't know what to do, if it is the case to do anything... Starting with a small bonus is nothing special in the New Zealand map.

I think that for this time there will be no restarts, as it was in all previous editions. We can establish eventually a more specific rule, from the next time on. I tend to think a +1 bonus at the start should be tolerated, because in some maps is really natural, and the 'restart rule' should apply only to +2 and higher. In this case it's a +2 in fact.
Rockbert wrote:
I agree. I don't believe that in that game, (which I am in and am not the recipient of the bonus) we should not restart as it is only a +1 and I imagine it won't last long anyway. If it were a higher bonus I could see the logic behind restarting, or if were a 1v1 game or a three player, but in this case I don't think it's worth the hassle. Very likely someone is going to end up getting a small bonus on that map anyway and you could spend more time restarting after every drop than is worth it. In my humble opinion.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert wrote:
My wording was unclear. I do not believe there needs to be a restart. Play the game out.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
DreamStreet wrote:
For that game specifically I say no need to restart. However it is something we should look out for in the future. This is one of the reasons I never use World Classic for any tournaments I run, and always use World Modified instead. Because if a player started with Australia, it’s really hard to break the bonus and could be a clear unfair advantage.