A new game mode: kill a target to win!
  • 16 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Matty wrote:
Hellooo all, I'm excited!
It's been almost a year since the rewrite and the last proper newspost, so time for another one.
Lot's of small things are changed since then, almost all bugs are gone (there's still a very annoying bug that you can get duplicate cards sometimes - drives me grazy).
Also some speedups done, a lot less lag. At peek times the site is still slow though, Cireon and me have some speedups planned though.

But enough of thet, let's start off with the...

New game mode: Assassination
In an assassination game, everyone get's a random target that's displayed in the right of the screen, just above the chat, right next to the card turn in. If you kill that player, you win!
But beware: there is also a player that really want's to kill you!

If someone else kills your target (or your target resigns or misses 2 turns) you get a new target. To be precise: you get the target of your previous (recently deceased) target.

It's still beta, so please tell me if you find any bugs.
For the first week it costs no tokens, so you can activate it for free.
I think it should be easier to understand for new players and not as easy to screw up like in capital games where you can accidentally move all your troops from your capital and ruin the game for example). If it turns out to be like that indeed, it will stay free.

Detailed stuff about randomization and target circles (click to show)

There are also quite a bit of new maps!
  • Westeros & Essos (Author: aeronautic) - truly beautiful
  • Australasia (Author: Hoodlum) - Nice and small; it actually has New Zealand
  • North America (Author: Hoodlum) - more maps from Hoodlum
  • World Double (Authors: The_Bishop, aeronautic, Clarke) - a new large map, yay!
  • World Inverted (Author: Hoodlum) - still in development (but already in beta). Rumor has it that Hoodlum is still looking for names! So go and win some tournament!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
wow nice present to find this morning..Thanks
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
gotta purchase it from the shop
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
The game mode is free. The other limits are just like normal.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Axobongo wrote:
Thank you Matty and team, its a fine thing. i do have a great suggestion however; Could the final Log at end of game in the Log please show which players where the targets of which players?
One is guessing throughout the game and it sure would be fun to have the answers revealed after the game.
Matty wrote:
@Axo: that's a great suggestion. Didn't think of that (so far I've always been chatting with people and figured out who had who that way - and often it was obvious before it ended).
Matty wrote:
Sadly, assassination doesn't work with team games. Stuff crashes :'(

Will fix, but won't have time till a week or so.
elysium5 wrote:
I like Axo's idea. I do have a question, though. Would the log show the targets as they were only at the end of the game? Those might be different then at the beginning of the game if a player was knocked out before someone won the game.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Matty wrote:
The log would show the targets as they were in the first turn.
pekiha wrote:
I am in a 3 player game. It makes no sence. When you know your target, you know the other players' target as well.
Or not?
Matty wrote:
In a 3 player game, who targets who is known from the start, yes.
It can still be huge fun though.

In a 4 player game it's usually clear as well after the first 5 or 10 turns or so. In a 5 player game or higher it get's difficult sometimes to predict who has who.

2 player assassination games, those don't make sense (it's exactly the same as a deathmatch game).
Clarke wrote:
I am loving the new assassination feature but I have a problem to report.

Recently I was about to win an assassination game and my "target" realized he was going to die so he resigned. I was then assigned his target who was very strong because my target was busy trying not to be killed by me.

What if you allow the player who resigned to remain "alive" (aka not get greyed out) for the rest of the game. If I can kill him I win. However, anyone else can kill him and take his cards and only then force me to claim a new target.

It is simply not fair if I do a great job setting up my target and he just resigns.

PS: I know that if someone resigns he stays alive for 2 rounds, but sometimes you have the obvious upper hand but you need a few more rounds to make it happen.