The latest update and information about the sever migration.
  • 17 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Cireon wrote:
This news post will be automatically updated with the latest updates about the server migration. For more information about the migration, you can check this newspost.

Update Jan 15, 08:55 UTC
We had some overall downtime due to a large bug in the code that removes players from games after two missed turns. As soon as the programmers were informed, the bug was fixed. If refunds are needed because of this downtime, get in contact with a staff member. Our apologies.

Update Jan 13, 17:32 UTC
To safekeep the mental health of our programmers, there will be no further bug fixing today.

Update Jan 13, 16:48 UTC
All games have now been imported. We are still going to look at importing game logs of long term games that have not yet been finished, but we can't promise anything.

Update Jan 13, 16:40 UTC
By now the major bugs have been resolved. Please continue to report on the forums if you find something out of the ordinary.
Due to a configuration error many things were stored out of order. We have attempted to fix this as well as possible, but some things may still look a bit strange. In a couple of hours this should resolve itself and things should be stored in order as they are supposed to.

Update Jan 13, 11:30 UTC
Dice have been fixed. We are still working on the other bugs. Please be patient, since we are getting a lot of reports. We can only handle one at a time.

Update Jan 13, 10:16 UTC
The token cost for games is temporarily disabled, because it's still not working. We'll look into it later, but since there are other things to look into as well, for now it's just free.

Update Jan 13, 10:06 UTC
A fix is uploaded, we'll check if it's correct now.

Update Jan 13, 10:03 UTC
We have confirmed that there is something wrong with the way attack results are calculated from dice. A fix will be uploaded as soon as possible.

Update Jan 13, 9:39 UTC
Rise and shine! The programmers are back up. We are currently investigating complaints about the dice being unbalanced. After that we will be creating an inventory of the remaining reports. Please be patient and keep posting your bugs on the forums, we will get to all of them in time.

Update Jan 12, 23:49 UTC
The bugs where the captchas on the registration and contact page weren't working have been fixed. We are taking notice of errors and will be resolving those over the next couple of days. Please be reminded that chatrooms are not a good place for reporting bugs, since the messages most likely will get lost.

The programmers will not be available for the next couple of hours because they are asleep.

Update Jan 12, 23:12 UTC
We are aware that the game interface sometimes does not update when the game starts. Just refresh the page to resolve this. We will fix this as soon as possible.
Note be reminded that we do not monitor the live game lobby chat. For feedback and suggestions, please use the Suggestions / Feedback forum. You can post bugs there as well, or send a message to @Cireon and @Matty. If you need help with recovering your account, use the Contact page.

Update Jan 12, 23:05 UTC
The bug where joining live games costs token will automatically be resolved once the server clock hits midnight. Apologies for the inconvenience.
All chat has been migrated successfully.

Update Jan 12, 22:48 UTC
Currently there is a bug where joining a live game for non-premium users costs 120 tokens. We are in the process of fixing it.

Update Jan 12, 22:09 UTC
The server is back up and password reset emails are currently being sent to those people that have been active in the past 30 days. Right now we are still in the process of migrating the game chat and game states of several older games to the new website, so you may miss some chat or receive errors when watching old game pages for a short period.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Cireon wrote:
First post updated.

Also good morning.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Matty wrote:
Alright, there defenitely is something wrong with the dice.

1 => 8406
2 => 8251
3 => 8484
4 => 8128
5 => 8387
6 => 8344

These are single rolls, these are fine.

Kill 2 troops 1775/10k = 17.75%
Kill 1, lose 1 4731/10k = 47.31%
Lose 2 troops 3494/10k = 34.94%

These are attack results, defenitely not fine.

Edit: the results of a big dice analysis AFTER the fix.

Kill 2 troops37007/100k = 37.01%-20347/100k = 20.35%
Kill 1, lose 133785/100k = 33.79%-67263/100k = 67.26%
Lose 2 troops29208/100k = 29.21%-12390/100k = 12.39%
(The first is the normal dice, the second is the balanced dice).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
supiachao wrote:
Yes, I see the animation where troops going to heaven but didn't see the dice like I used to.
Cireon wrote:
First post updated.
Matty wrote:
Matty here:

If you lost a game due to the dice problems yesterday, save the game number and I will refund the lost points.
However, because we're quite busy, I won't refund them today, so save them, and send me a message tomorrow.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
First post updated.
DamoreNemesis wrote:
Not sure if this is specific to my account or not - but every time after I log out, I have to reset my password to log back in. Its not super-critical, as there is an easy work-around (resetting the password), but can you add it to the list of bug fixes?
Cireon wrote:
How so? You password should not change. Are you sure you are not misspelling it.
Matty wrote:
Note, you can also change your password on the account information settings page (here).

Try changing the password there after you are logged in, if that doesn't work, tell us.
DamoreNemesis wrote:
I tried changing the password after logging in today and the same thing happened the next time I tried to log in. Jddamore told me he's seeing the same issue, so its not specific to my account either.
avestruz wrote:
I have problems with certificate with Crome.
dominating12 runs good under Mozilla Firefox but y prefer Chrome.

""
No puedes acceder a www.dominating12.com en este momento porque el sitio web ha enviado credenciales codificadas que Chrome no puede procesar. Los ataques y los errores de red suelen ser temporales, por lo que es probable que esta página funcione más tarde.
""
Cireon wrote:
Hi avestruz,

As you can see in this screenshot, I am running Dominating 12 just fine under Chrome:

screenshot (click to show)

Are you sure you have an up-to-date Chrome version? We are using a pretty new service provider for our certificate. If you are using an outdated version of Chrome, your certificate store may be outdated.
avestruz wrote:
OK. I still have problems with the last version of Chrome under Win XP (Versión 48.0.2564.82 m)
Maybe XP is the problem.
At least I can use Firefox
Matty wrote:
You can also try not to use the www version, so use "https://dominating12.com" instead of "https://www.dominating12.com".