also, inviting to game from the members list, marking messages as unread
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Vexer wrote:
Maps

The long awaited Solar System map is now available to all players.
Thank you cbt711, aeronautic and everyone else who participated in the forum. For those of you who missed out on early beta access to the map, be more active in the map creation forums and then request that an admin add you to the map beta tester group or buy premium.

Reputation Scores

We have a new reputation system which is discussed in detail here: https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/1665/reputation-scores please leave any comments about it in the forum and not here.

The system was primarily designed by Vexer with a lot of input from bluebird005vis and from the staff. Special thanks to Matty and Glanru who helped Vexer code a few parts. This was a huge task but will be well worth it.

Programming Credit: Vexer, Glanru, Matty

Other improvements

You can now click a link from a game to get a members list with links for inviting players.

Programming Credit: Matty, Vexer

You can now mark messages as unread so that you can remember to respond to them if you don't currently have the time to do so.

Programming Credit: Matty

SpamFree wrote:
The Solar System map looks great, but I'm not sure whether or not I like it for Capitals.

While I'm withholding lengthy commentary on the Reputation System, until I see how it plays out. However, it does seem to be well thought out and could be of some use, though I tend to be less of a fan of any means to exclude players from games.

The "Invite" link to "Online Players" with "Invite to Game " is an EXCELLENT addition to the site.

UltrasPlot wrote:
For me, solar system is the epitome of a map designed for fog... For caps, it's too easy to be blocked in however. Vex, I'm waiting for that reputation system so I can stop bein' a suicide magnet!~ :D
cbt711 wrote:
Everyone is blocked equally though, so it's like Classic, but instead of just South America and Africa having the two outs, everyone does. That is different, but at the very least it's more fair than most caps maps where one or two caps have that disadvantage only.
naathim wrote:
Thank you to all the brilliant admins, coders, and everybody else who works hard to improve the site and keep it running!