In order to turn in a set after defeating a player you will now need 5 cards or more.
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Vexer wrote:
Our year+ long experiment with different card turn in rules has ended. (see http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=article&act=view&aid=25 )

The staff have unanimously decided to revert to the original rules. Although the rule change did help with the problem it was trying to solve, it created a bigger problem. We saw a increase in suicide moves from inexperienced or unskilled players making low probability moves for small numbers of cards and ruining games.

You now must have a total of 5 or more cards to be able to turn in a set after defeating a player. This was the original rule the site used for the first 3 years and it is the rule used everywhere else.

If you want to play where you can turn in as long as you have a set then you now must select the "Advanced Cards" option when creating the game. The Advanced Card option is only available when using the new version of the create game page. We have stopped updating the old version. You can access the new beta version from a link in the Long Term Game Room. Advanced Cards games require a password. This was done to make it less likely that a player will mistakenly join an advanced card game and not know the card rules.

To see a full (lengthy) discussion of the topic, see this forum post:
http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=631

Also, please congratulate elysium5 on his promotion to Assistant Admin. He now has the added authority to return points for unfair games and block rule breakers from chatting.
Glacier wrote:
thanks, I actually didn't know this rule because I am new here, but this means that if people kill themselves in capital games especially they won't ruin the game that much.
MAPS wrote:
This is the best game site I have come accross. No doubt.
SpamFree wrote:
I still believe that since this change has been largely pushed by "Advanced" players (or as Matty pointed out in the chat "advanced players that play with newbies alot (play live alot)";) that it therefore should have been (re)implemented as the "Advanced cards" option, instead of the default and limiting it to only password protected games makes it an exceeding pain in the butt for those of us who would rather continue to use it, especially since "Only the game creator is allowed to send invites for password protected games."

The_Bishop wrote:
The game is finally back to his original features, especially 'capitals', I'm enjoying it.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Axobongo wrote:
The new 'default' is actually a new 'option' . There remains 2 options for conquest set turn ins,, Lets refer to them as A) 3+ and B) 5+ .
The current problem is that the A) 3+ option is not As easily accessible , and its password protected, and accessed via the inferior 'beta' create a game page.
  Why should a preference option be treated so unfairly? ( is this a ''nanny state'';)
I hope anyone who thinks the ''advanced and devolved'' 2 options ~[ A)3+ and B)5+ ],, Should be treated as the 2 options they actually Are will speak up in the debate thread, ,,
,,or simply send a simple note to Fendi that says ''i am FOR both turn-in options to be simplified into being 2 options on the 'create a game' page'' 
~ please stop the insanity and taboo-mongering!