Special rank icons, premium maps / point requirements for ranks
  • 23 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Admin wrote:
I'm sure you've all noticed by now that premium members now get a special gold colored rank. It's been surprisingly popular and many players who were thinking about buying premium finally decided to do it.

We now also have premium maps. If a player who does not have a premium account wants to play on a premium map they have to spend 80 tokens each game to do so. If they want to create a game on a premium map then it will cost 120 tokens. This means that non premium players can only play 1 out of 4 games on a premium map or less if they use some of their tokens to buy ranks. Premium members do not have to spend tokens on premium maps.

These are the premium maps: Africa, Korea - Japan, and Panama.

The upcoming World War II map will also be a premium map. We also plan on updating the graphics on some of the other maps and making them premium maps.

Point Requirements for Ranks

We have changed how many points are required for each rank. Many new players were complaining about not be able to rank up. They were stuck at private first class for a long time and it wasn't any fun. So we made it a lot easier to get the first few ranks.

We also made all the ranks in general a little easier to get because there are more skilled players on the site now and it became too difficult to achieve the higher ranks. Ideally we should have a handful of generals but we only have two so we reduced the requirements for the upper ranks by 300 points.
Vexer wrote:
If all the maps show up as premium maps then refresh your browser repeatedly (CTRL + F5) until it stops doing that.
amonk7 wrote:
I feel like we're almost being forced into buying a membership. Slowly taking everything away until we have no choice but to buy premium :(
Vexer wrote:
Somebody has to pay each month for the server. Do you think Fendi should have pay the whole thing out of her own pocket so that everyone can play for free? How is that fair?
skarni wrote:
i think that is a great idea, non premium still have plenty of choices and maps to play for free
Llibertat Presos polítics catalans. Love Democracy.
Fendi wrote:
amonk7- We have been planning on having premium only maps and other options only available for premium members for a very long time but have not been able to follow through because the former owner was not active and thus could not give us the permission we needed.
Matty wrote:
Almost all of the premium features are new features, you are still, and will always be, able to enjoy the site like you do now.

This is the second time we took something away. The first time was changing the 2 live games limit to 1, which was simply nescessary to make the whole server stop from lagging horribly.
The server simply can't handle so many live games at once.
And now we are not really taking something away, you can still play on every map you want, as you will have plenty of tokens anyway.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Makaveli1671 wrote:
No offense, folks, but please. It's CHEAP as heck! It is wayyyy worth it. I'm not trying to sell the site, I'm just saying... Stop being a penny pincher and fork over $15! Geez!
Leedog wrote:
For what it's worth, I applaud this move!!! For the price of 2 candy bars per month... you get a D-12 membership. That's not bad. Anyone who thinks the administrators are trying to line their pockets would be mistaken! The care and passion to provide the best gaming experience is crystal clear and I would imagine that some of the future profits would go towards further improvements... such as team games down the road.
Black-Meerkat wrote:
I haven't got membership yet - but annual membership is the equivalent to less than 50 cents per week. Not very much considering. 
Glanru wrote:
When I started on this site, there were only 4 maps total. Of which, the old versions for USA and World had very poor graphics. New members today, without buying premium have about 5 times that many options. Additionally, there have been numerous updates, fixes, glitch corrections, and what have you that every member gets for free. And, as Matty stated, almost all of the premium features are new features.
amonk7 wrote:
I meant no offense guys. And relax Vexer, I understand making maps for premium members only and I understand the need to have people buy memberships. There have just been so many changes lately it feels like this is just the beginning of many restrictions to come lol. I guess I just feel a little bummed that maps that were previously available to me no longer are.
marcoxa wrote:
i think we have almost doubled our maps since a year and a half ago
Cireon wrote:
"The care and passion to provide the best gaming experience is crystal clear"
pun intended?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card