New maps: United States, Europe 1814, Falkland Islands...New points formula for 2 player games...new recognition for the dominating 12
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Admin wrote:
New maps: United States, Europe 1814, Falkland Islands and the Oregon Cities map received a major revision.

There have been several minor updates to the interface.

The way points are calculated for two player games has changed. The formula is the same except in the case where one player has more than twice as many points as the other player. In that case the player will only lose twice as many points as the other player. With the old formula, for example, a high ranked player could lose 33 points and a low rank player would only lose 7 points, but now the high ranked player will only lose 14 points. The high ranking player now only has to win 2 out of 3 games in order to keep the same amount of points. Whereas before it could be the case that they would have to win 6 out of 7 games in order to keep their points the same.

The change was made to encourage experienced high ranking players to play with new players in order to get more live 2 player games played and so that experienced players would help new players learn how the site works. It was the case that no higher ranked players would play 2 player games because many 2 player games are determined by luck and they would end up losing too many points.

For more details and examples read this:
http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&act=view&id=536&page=2#post-5212

The current dominating 12 are: -NoXoN-, Vexer, thaithai, bramvs, killrick, Rufina-Tomoyo, Fendi, k_w_cheng, Diddly, sekretar, Thorpe, and jaconan.

The dominating 12 are now recognized in the forum by a black banner around their avatar.

Vexer was the winner of the last Dominating 12 game.
Dsds7292 wrote:
I really have a problem with the system to figure out the Dominating 12. I think it should be that user must have played at least 200 or 100 games.
Leedog wrote:
If there was a "Dominated 12", I would make that list for sure. Lol!!
Vexer wrote:
The system is intended to make it so that new players can get in the dominating 12 if they beat a bunch of good players. If you are good you are good and you shouldn't have to wait till you've played 100 games to be recognized for it. What you are proposing ds only favors the player who found the site first and not the players who are actually better.
Matty wrote:
I defenitely like the 2player changes - thanks
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria