Hey everyone, I have good news! The site is being taken over by a more active programmer. As many of you know I've been busy as a missionary in Thailand and
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
4myGod wrote:
Hey everyone, I have good news! The site is being taken over by a more active programmer. As many of you know I've been busy as a missionary in Thailand and haven't had time to update the site at all, let alone fix problems. I've been quite inactive and barely posted on the forums. So a friend of mine will take over the site.

His name is Teck. He will be working on the site from now on, he will be taking my position, the cartographers and 1771 will stay where they are helping out in the same positions they are at, they are already aware of this change as well. I'll still be here visiting probably as much as I already am, I'll also be playing the new maps every now and then, so I'm not really going anywhere, however the site will belong to Teck and he will be maintaining it with 1771 helping like normal.

He will probably start by creating an admin panel, cartographer panel and moderator panel. Give him some time though to get used to the code of the site. I think in about a month he'll be ready and he'll start popping out some new updates for you guys.

We will be transfering the site over to his new host. My host is from Texas, his host is from Los Angeles, which will make the site faster for our overseas players but possibly slower for the players on the east coast, shouldn't be too big of a difference though. In the future when the site picks up he will upgrade the server.

During the site transfer the site might be down for like an hour or less, we will try our best to make the transfer with as little downtime as possible, however this is the first time either of us have attempted such a large transfer.

Also I'll be keeping in contacting with him always to help come up with new ideas for the site. As well most of you have been throwing up a lot of ideas on the forums, finally we will have someone who has the time to make those ideas into reality. Get excited.

So please be nice, feel free to send him a welcoming message, here is a link to his profile: Teck.