I've finally finished live games. Live games are games where you only have 5 minutes to take your turn. So the players need to stay on the game page...
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
4myGod wrote:
I've finally finished live games. Live games are games where you only have 5 minutes to take your turn. So the players need to stay on the game page while playing. Live games follow the typical rules. You can only play 4 games at a time as a non-premium member.

How to play a live game
To create a live game you must go to the create a game menu like normal but select "5 mins" for turn time rather than "24 hours". After creating a live game it will automatically throw you into the game. You can also view live games by clicking "Live Games" in the top right corner of the screen and it will take you to the live game lobby. There you can join a game. From inside the game you can invite members who are online! You can type in the name of the user you want to invite and wherever they are on the site it will pop up with a box saying they have been invited into the game. Also note that you must continue to show you are still active in live games before the game starts. Once every 10 mins you must click "Yes, I'm here" in the live game to show you haven't left the game. This is to prevent people from going afk for like 30 mins and the game starting without them and they miss turns and get kicked.

Bugs
There have been a few reports of weird things happening in live games. They are new so there might be bugs. If you encounter a problem then report it on the forums. Most bugs can be fixed by simply refreshing the page.

What's next?
We will let live games run for a couple of weeks to get out all of the bugs then we will be sending out a mass email to all members who previously played on the site to let them know of live games. This will be combined with more advertising. I'd like to get live games to the point where someone could jump on the site any time of the day and play a live game of risk.