when the opponent is attacking
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
lifeinpixels wrote:
I don't know too much about the inner workings of this site, but would it possible to get a more realistic view of when the opponent is attacking? At the moment it's fine, but there is about 3 seconds between updates. Normally this isn't a big issue but I was playing a friend and he complained that it wasn't fun because he could only see when he was attacking. I remember when I first joined it was also bothersome for me, so fixing this could encourage more players to stay. Also, it would probably help significantly in same-time games.

Of course, I know the to-do list is long and this may not be very practical, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there to see what you guys think.
Vexer wrote:
Actually it updates every 9 seconds. If a lot happens in 9 seconds then you miss a lot. We can't have it update every second because it would kill the server. What we should do instead is animate the changes in the log and show you everything that happened instead of just refreshing the current view. For example it should show your opponent choosing the territory they are attacking from and then choosing the territory to attack and then show the result of the attacks.

It would definitely improve the experience but us programmers are most likely to work on projects that interest us since we are just volunteers. It would be awesome if the site started making enough money to pay a programmer to do the things that the volunteers aren't interested in or don't have the time to do.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Yeah, maybe not real time but if there could be a 10-15 second delay then it could probably be animated with the same results. If I knew how to program i would help out but unfortunately that probably won't happen in the near future.
Matty wrote:
This animation thing would be really cool to have, but it would also take alot of time. Its pretty difficult to do just like that.
I think if I'm going to do something big it will be team games - they are much more awesome than animations.

So yeah, really good idea, but It won't be there at least for a year or so.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria