preventing un-natural barriers to conquest
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
MadMerlin wrote:
any chance that when someone quits a game all their territories get a troop count of 3 . This would prevent one of the remaining players obtaining a substantial and unfair advantage by the troops of the player who has quit performing a blocking role for a section of the map enabling that player to concentrate their own troops elsewhere. Just a thought since I am involved in several games at the moment where this is a major factor in who is going to win.

Cireon wrote:
I think this could be implemented, but I would vouch for adding this as an advanced option. Sometimes you do not want to have a region suddenly unprotected (in fixed games the player after the kicked player suddenly can get a huge advantage).

Also, I think there should be a delay of two turns for example on it or maybe have the troops decaying slowly over time by like 10% rounded up every turn, otherwise it might become unfair because the player that is first after can get a huge advantage then and by doing this you still have time to alter your strategy.

So in short: I would personally go for an advanced option "decaying neutral armies" or maybe have a "neutral army decay" dropdown with choices "none", "over time" and "instantly".
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
MadMerlin wrote:
that is a good idea then everyone can adjust to the situation rather than having one player with a well protected flank preserving big bonuses .
Glanru wrote:
I am too lazy to work on this :( I usually just tackle the easy stuff, or whatever tickles my fancy. 

I personally do not disagree with the current implementation. But, I like options, so I think drop to 3 troops and decaying should both become optional in the future. 

On top of that, I would like to see another option where neutral increases back up to 3 should it fall below and you fail to capture it. You get more armies each turn, why all the neutral hate?