a variation
  • 48 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
Matty wrote:
Well, you lost one of your extra add timers.

If you don't have that, then anyone could just always click it if he's no 100% sure of taking his turns, which would be abusing the system, causing some of the above mentioned problems.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I am not sure that it's abusing:

1)If I can play my turn in 24 hours none had to wait for me, so I didn't disturb anybody.
2) If I couldn't make my movements in 24h I really needed that extra-time.

Where is the abuse?
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Matty wrote:
Matty - May 18, 05:35 AM
However, this will give premiums the option to accidentally miss their turns, getting laxer and easier to lengthen games.
Since they don't have a limit, it is less bad for them, but for non premiums its kinda stupid to have to wait another 24 hours because a premium member overslept.

So I don't really like the idea here. If you know in advance you are going to be away for a day it is a different thing altogether.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I think that what you said it's quite close to what I mean. I don't say that this extra 24h were automatic. You have to press the button.

Sometimes I have to be out and I don't know if I will have access to Internet at night and what time I will be back the next day. If I could ask for this extra time before leaving it would be great:
1) In case I would come back too late I wouldn't have lost my turn (but my extra time).
2) If I were at home on time nobody would have to wait for my time more than 24h and I would keep my extra time.

I still don't know what is unfair in this.
Matty wrote:
What that allows you to do is to press that button every time, and ensure you never lose a turn, even if you are always taking 23-28 hours to take your turn every day.

I am not saying you do that, but it would allow you to do that. That makes sure that games take alot longer.

For me I dont care, I can just join another game, but free players cannot.
lifeinpixels wrote:
I don't know how many players would be willing to press a button in each game every turn.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
@Matty I understand what you mean, but I don't agree. If we think like that, private messages should be forbidden because players can make secret alliances or coordinate attacks to other players.
Matty wrote:
Except that private messages can be reported and reviewed.
Ok, it very rarely happends, but it is possible.

The thing about the vacation button is this: its there for when you know you are going to be away for a while, not for every time when you are not 100% sure you can take your turn.
But maybe thats just me.
urgul wrote:
hey guys im not going to play on the 14th (yom kippur) so should i just use extra time on all of my games?
i will play the next day im not going anywhere so i was just curious to see if yall think i should use 'vacation mode' or 'extra time'. after all im in like a billion games.
I did not just post this to show off my new avatar! (made by marcoxa)

urgul
Matty wrote:
Well, if you are away for more than 24 hours, then you could use vacation mode yes (not extra time).
urgul wrote:
okay, but i will only not be playing till sunset. so i guess i will just use extra time
The_Bishop wrote:
I swear I did read all the thread but I didn't understand how it works exactly. Is it automatic for premium? So I don't need to push it? If I push the button but then I play my turn in time, then I lose it or it is still safe? Can you explain me every, please?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
lifeinpixels wrote:
If you're in a long term game, "vacation mode" should be right next to the extra time button. Press it before you start your turn, and it will add 24 hours to the 24 hours you already have, making a total of 48 hours before it skips your turn.

It is not automatic. If you use it and then play your turn right afterwards, you can't reuse it (just like normal extra time).