• 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
roundhousemb wrote:
Hey guys I'm a bit new (or at least inexperienced) so I'm sorry if this topic has been brought up before but is there anyway that we could have the ability to watch fog of war games?

There would be a couple of possibilities, either you could choose to follow a specific player without seeing the rest (although that may cause cheating issues) or it could just be like watching any other game with everything freed up. actually now that I can think about it that could also cause issues with game chat but I would still like to be able to watch. If theres anything you could do to make this possible that woould be great!

Thank you :)
Matty wrote:
The only fair way I can think of is following one player that must give you permission to watch.
But that would be difficult to implement.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
I have been thinking about "observer" roles, but I am not sure yet how this should work.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
They could still chat using gmail, skype or irc for my part.

The only way to make it fair is that someone can only see what one person sees (say player X), and does not communicate that to others. So he should only be able to see that player X if player X trusts him.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
marcoxa wrote:
i know. when some one wants to observe there should be a vote. if you trust this person not to ruin anything vote yes. if not, vote no. if the vote is not 100% than he/she can not watch
roundhousemb wrote:
I don't know I think Matty's idea would work. After all if the player who is being watched allows the observer to watch him and then in turn the observer betrays him the only person to blame would b the player who let him watch.

It's admittedly not a perfect system but I think its perfectly fair.