Happens when spamming the attack button.
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
lifeinpixels wrote:
This isn't the usual "my dice seem to be bad lately" post. What happens is the dice glitch when I'm attacking with large forces and spam the attack button. There's a slight delay when I click attack and when the troops on the screen register the changes. So if I click attack a bunch of times, there will be 1/2 a second during which all the troop changes quickly shuffle through the screen after I've finished clicking.
This is where the glitch happens. Many times I can see that my troops won and one is moved to the conquered country, like it usually does with victorious attacks. But then it will continue shuffling through the numbers and the defender will gain another troop and I'll loose a few more before I finally conquer it again. It seems like clicking attack a lot really quickly will override a successful attack in some cases and continue as if I didn't have that victory. I know my description may be kinda confusing but it's hard to explain. Does it make any sense? I'm very curious to see if this phenomenon happens with any other players.
Also, while some people may suggest to not hit the attack button so quickly, when I'm attacking with 50+ troops taking making only 2 clicks per second will take a loooong time, so I think the fast attacks are necessary.
Matty wrote:
So you spam the attack button, and once you won the fight, it still continues fighting for a little while, making you loose troops while you already won.

Is that what you ment?

In the short case I can only advice you to spam the attack button and stop once you reach something like 20-15 armies, and than press it more slowely.

Even though I actually think what I described above is impossible, I am not 100% sure, and I will look at it at some point, but I have two busy weeks :(
Maybe Vexer or Cireon have time :S
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I have had something similar happen to me but not at the end of the battle, it was in the middle. It happens so infrequently that I have never been able to pinpoint what is happening.

If anyone can reliably get this to happen every time and post instructions then we can figure it out.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Yeah matty that's what i mean. That's good advice though, i'll try to stop near the end. And vexer it could be happening in the middle of battle, except the only time i notice it is after i've supposedly won the fight, only to have it switch back.
lifeinpixels wrote:
A guess is that i'm clicking attack so quickly that some attacks are registered before the opponents losses are registered. And that means that the opponent can use 2 dice more than he should.
Vexer wrote:
I see what's happening. You are correct. Your second attack is started after the first attack has started but before the first attack has finished.

I know a way to fix it but I can't get to it for awhile. In the meantime just click a little slower.

Oh and thank you for the follow up information. It really helped.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Good to see that you have a solution, and thanks for looking into it! Thankfully it's not such a big deal so i don't mind a bit of a slower pace until then.