Different risk version option
  • 1 post
  • Page 1 of 1
Bardock75 wrote:
I would really like to see the option of playing more modern versions of risk on the site. Some examples:

- Add the option of allowing us to pick country deployment in turns. This allows us to strategically place our countries. Then place troops 3 at a time. 

- Play with stars instead. Each card has a country, however it also has a star. A 1 star or a 2 star. You can hold your cards for as long as you like and turn in whenever. The more stars you have the more troops you place. 

- Play with Cities. Cities give you +1 to your total count before dividing by 3 to determine your troop deployment. Adding cities adds a new element to the game, because all of a sudden certain areas of the board are more important. 

- Play objectives. I understand this would take more time and some skilled programming but it would be very fun. Some examples in the modern board game of risk I own are:L
 - Attack Dice (extra attack die)
 - Defense Dice )(extra defense die)
 - Guaranteed Card
 - +2 troops per deployment
 - Airfield (You place it on the map and all surrounding countries and the country it sits on add +1 to the dice they roll. So you can technically role a 7. 

Examples of Objectives are:
- conquer asia
- conquer an enemy capital
- Control X amount of cities.

Etc. Etc. Etc.