• 16 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
mastercraftsman wrote:
have you thought of adding a concede button? it is really annoying when players are losing, and they just dissappear, leaving you hang on for the 5 mins, till they are knocked out for missing 2 goes, any thoughts ?
Matty wrote:
There will be a surrender button at some point yes, its on our todo list ;)

It's the xmas holidays now, so maybe I'll get to implementing it in not too much time :)
But first there are some bugs to fix before implementing new features :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
We have started work on it. It will actually be a bit more elaborate than you suggested. We have already discussed it in another thread.

Glanru has made the graphic that lets you know that someone has resigned and added the code that will make it show up. I have to add some code that will make it miss your turn if you have resigned and then matty will add the button in the options tab. So basically it's waiting on me and I am quite busy with the holidays.
killrick wrote:
i havnt checked out the outher thread regarding this issue but i do have one sugestion. make it so after someone resigns that if someone kills off the remaining armies they get the cards
i have played a few games where i was killing someone slowly so they quit and all that killing was in vain.i recieved no cards for all the killing
Vexer wrote:
yes you will have two rounds in which to kill them. The system will simply auto miss their turns instead of making you wait till their timer runs out. After two missed turns in a row they will go neutral.
n0ble0ne wrote:
haha, i just made a new thread with the same idea. Definitely a +1 from me
killrick wrote:
you may have missed my point vex
if i have been workin in wiping someone off the map and there troups go neutral,all that killing was in vien.
if someone quits or is booted there cards should be up for grabs for anyone that can finish them off.
Matty wrote:
The problem with that is that if he wouldnt leave, he would be able to get stronger - now hes gray he cannot defend himself, and thus if the game goes on it will become an unfair kill.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
n0ble0ne wrote:
I think it would be fair that if a player leaves, he loses certain amount of points which goes directly to the winner.
Vexer wrote:
@killrick. You will still be able to kill them for their cards but you only have two rounds to do so.

The players have to go neutral after two rounds. If they never go neutral then it would be confusing. Some players might think there's a possibility that they will come back (this is the case on another site). The most clear and straight-forward way to let a player resign but keep their cards in play for awhile is to keep them in the game for 2 more rounds. Players are already accustomed to not being able to take someones cards after they've been absent for two rounds. The purpose of the resign button is not to change the game but to reduce the amount of time players have to wait when someone quits. As it is right now, if a player quits you have 2 rounds to kill them for their cards then they go neutral--but you have to wait 5 minutes + 5 minutes for them to go neutral. With a resign button you don't have to wait the 10 minutes.

If their cards are in play until they are killed then it gives an unfair advantage to whoever happened to be best setup for the kill. It would have little to do with skill.

For example, the player who owns Australia quits and you just happen to have 10 troops in Siam at the time. You can't kill them right away because they likely have more troops than you. But later in the game when the card turn in is much higher you will have an unfair advantage being the only player who will likely be able to kill them. For this reason I think that their cards should only be in play for the next two rounds. It's also much easier to program since the system is already setup to kick the player after two missed rounds.
Thorpe wrote:
will it say that they have quit or what? I would like to know so I can kill them or not.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Cireon wrote:
A notification in the game chat would be nice, yes.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
There will be a symbol before there name - like the symbol when someone is dead, but than a different symbol of course
I guess adding a line in the chat too would be easy to do.
n0ble0ne wrote:
Vexer
The players have to go neutral after two rounds. If they never go neutral then it would be confusing. Some players might think there's a possibility that they will come back (this is the case on another site). The most clear and straight-forward way to let a player resign but keep their cards in play for awhile is to keep them in the game for 2 more rounds. Players are already accustomed to not being able to take someones cards after they've been absent for two rounds. The purpose of the resign button is not to change the game but to reduce the amount of time players have to wait when someone quits. As it is right now, if a player quits you have 2 rounds to kill them for their cards then they go neutral--but you have to wait 5 minutes + 5 minutes for them to go neutral. With a resign button you don't have to wait the 10 minutes.

It would be better if the penalty is reduced if the player leaves the game through the button compared to just missing the turns and being kicked out so that players are encouraged to use the button.

However, other players should have some sort of advantage (of getting his points maybe) in this situation because it is quite frustrating if someone just leaves the game when he/she is about to lose the game leaving the player who is going to get victory over is at a disadvantage.
Matty wrote:
Well, if you lose a game you lose points.
So if you leave a game, you will lose it, and thus you will lose points.

But I see no reasons to lose extra points or reward the winner with extra points.