• 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Narib wrote:
The real time games with fixed cards can go on forever and sometimes are almost unending. Which is usually why I don't play them. But I like the aspect of them that the fixed cards basically take the chance out of the game and leaves it more to player skill. After playing one of these unending games last night forever, and most of the players wanted to quit, that lead to any idea.

I haven't figured out exactly how it would be implemented. But what about an option where if the majority, or maybe everybody decides they want to quit, that there's an option to end the game with no winner? No gaining or loosing of points and tokens for anyone. The scoring would be as if the game was never played?

And another which just kind of applies to all real time games, especially the longer ones. An option where if most people agree, the game could be paused for 5 minutes or so, for a break. Maybe just a set time option set like 5 minutes. Or maybe an option where a time could be inputted. The pause feature could possibly be implemented through some kind of voting system?
Vexer wrote:
Adding a vote to end game button is on the list already.

And about pausing the game. Just use your extra time button.

And about fixed card live games taking too long, we are working out details on a new game type called Domination where you would only have to conquer like 60% of the territories to win.
Cireon wrote:
You can also ask an admin or moderator to change the live game into a long term game if desired. But yeah, like Vexer said: most stuff you told us about is already on the (suuuuperlong) list ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Narib wrote:
That was actually a question also. What's the best way to get in touch with a Mod/Admin? Posting in the lobby chat box? There's not always one available. I tried posting in there to ask is one could end the game with no winners but no one was available.
Fendi wrote:
Using the lobby chat is probably the worst thing you can do if you want an admin/mod to help you as soon as possible since we dont always check the lobby.

The best way is to contact us is through private messages.
Crystal wrote:
And you can see which of us is online through the "who's online" tab.
Thorpe wrote:
If one is not there for you let us know so we can try to fill that void...give time and day.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
1771 wrote:
Believe my friend it used to be way worse at one time there were only a few that can end games, now many of us can. Things only continue to get better at D12.
Thorpe wrote:
And those few never went to sleep! Thx Fendi and 1771...and of course Vexer.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
n0ble0ne wrote:
Vexer
Adding a vote to end game button is on the list already.

And about pausing the game. Just use your extra time button.

And about fixed card live games taking too long, we are working out details on a new game type called Domination where you would only have to conquer like 60% of the territories to win.

"Dominating" game mode sounds interesting lol. Any ETA on that?
Vexer wrote:
We haven't started any work on it yet. The first thing we plan to do is to add the resign button, then the capped cards feature. I'm not sure if the Domination gametype is on anyone's short list. I know it isn't on mine. But you'll know that we are closer to getting to it once the first two things I mentioned get done.
killrick wrote:
mabee a button that changes the game from live to long term so we dont have to go looking for an overworked moderator would be good
im not fond of the dominating thing as i have won games when i was down to just 1 troup left there the best!!
Vexer wrote:
we also have plans for a vote to go long term button.