Getting rid of unused password games
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Cireon wrote:
Currently there are several unstarted password games with one (new) player in it. As these players are probably inactive by now, those games will never fill up nor will the inactive player leave the game, resulting in a list of games that will never start. Why not add a timer that automatically "finishes" a game that hasn't started for 7 or 10 days? It shouldn't be very hard to implement, I just need to figure out where to perform the checks.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Yeah, would be a great option.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
1771 wrote:
I like it too...Sounds like it would really help when it comes to games that should have say 5 people but end up with 4 because the original member is no where to be found.
Cireon wrote:
I will see if I get it implemented then. Shouldn't be too hard, right?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Crystal wrote:
Every few days i check the the long term games and delete passworded games with a player in it who has not been active for more than seven days. There are several passworded games with active players, which i do not delete. 

Vexer wrote:
Yes, crystal has been kind enough to do this manually for us but I'm with Cireon, we need to program a fix so that she doesn't have to use her time this way.

I'm guessing that the check should be performed in the list.php file used when viewing the long term game room, but I haven't looked into it.