• 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Narib wrote:
When you click who's online you can see who's online, like you should be able to. But you can't sort the list in anyway. If you click on name, or rank to sort who's online by those things it sorts and displays all active members, not just who's online. Also with the rank and name of the person all lumped together it makes it very hard to read who is online. Especially if you're looking for someone specific. For example, in my case it would say "Lance Corporal Narib". If someone was looking to see if I was specifically online it makes it hard to find "Narib" if the whole title is displayed as "Lance Corporal Narib". Especially if they don't know my current rank. And complicated by the fact you can't sort by rank, or name. Maybe the rank could be put on a separate column? Anyway, the whole thing seems to be not very useful to me in it's current form.
Matty wrote:
You can sort the players on the last active date/time (thats what happends if you click "who's online", and then press Ctrl+F and type a part of the name. Your browser should point you the person.
That is, if he is in the first 50 active people. But we rarely have 50 ppl online at the same time, so if hes not in the list of first 50, hes not online.

Also, you can look at someones profile (click on the player's name somewhere) and you will see the time he was last active.

"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
yeah, it might be a good idea to separate the rank name from the player name in another column. We do plan on adding a search box on that page so that you can type in a players name so that you can find their profile. We could also add a check box that would make it so that the list would only display players active in the last 30 seconds even when sorted by rank or name.
Narib wrote:
Matty - Oct 7, 02:44 PM
You can sort the players on the last active date/time (thats what happends if you click "who's online", and then press Ctrl+F and type a part of the name. Your browser should point you the person.
That is, if he is in the first 50 active people. But we rarely have 50 ppl online at the same time, so if hes not in the list of first 50, hes not online.

A lot of people don't know you can use the browser to search for text in a page. To most people that is more or less an advanced feature. Needing to do that kind of defeats the purpose of seeing a list of who's online and being able to sort it. Plus you may want to scan the whole list of who's online to see if familiar people are on. And it's hard to do that with the names and rank lumped together. Also I guess what I'm trying to say is don't lump together who's online with active players. If you're going to look at a list of who's online, it should be just who's online.
marcoxa wrote:
also while we are on this subject i think it would be nice to have a way to tell who is really online. we should have colored circle next to there name in the who's online page, showing there availability. exp:

green: currently active and open for games.
blue: online but has chosen not to play any games at the moment.
yellow: kinda active, player was active recently.
red: online but not active in last half hour. (probably means they left the page open)
gray: offline.

on the gray bar on top you could change the option to go from green to blue or vise versa.