Recovering from a lost rank doesnt show?
  • 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AJSquirrel wrote:
Around 1-2 years ago when I joined this site, I was able to get to a private first class, but then I just messed around in some games and went down to a basic. I didnt really use the site for a while

The point of this is that, now i am active again (and actually trying, not just joking around) and I finally recovered from my loss of points and aquired enough points to become a private, but it doesn't show up that I am one. Is this just a bug, or is someone able to fix this?

Thanks!
Paddlin wrote:
Once you lose a game, it will show your rank. It is an odd thing. 
Vexer wrote:
Our beloved site founder, 4myGod, only saw fit to update ranks when you lose a game. Apparently he overlooked regaining ranks.

One of us will get around to fixing this eventually. Most of the nasty bugs have been fixed so we will be getting to things like this soon.

I have manually updated your rank.
Matty wrote:
There was a fix for this problem somewhere, and its still on my todo list to check if it really worked or not

Thanks for taking the trouble to do the check for me :)
Ill see if I can fix it somewhere close
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
I've taken a closer look on the code.

Last fix we changed it so that not only when you loose a game, but also when you win a game your rank updates.
However, for calculating your new rank, it didnt use the points you would gain from the game you won (or lost :P).
So if you win two consecutive games your rank also updates :P

I've changed it now in the code, but didnt test it.

Tell me if anyone still has this problem.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
oops. I guess Glanru and I messed that up.

I tested it once and it appears to be working.
Matty wrote:
I actually think that was not yours or Glanrus mistake, but an older one ;)
AJSquirrel wrote:
Ok well thanks everyone for working to fix this and vexer for updating my rank! So if i get to private first class it should now update right away?