New position for the Game Log (to add)
  • 24 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
Now that Vexer told me about de “Game Log” I`m always with an eye on it. But I don`t feel comfortable looking at the board and at the Game Log (even with the smaller board). I started thinking how would I like the G.L to be and here comes my suggestion.

Actually, it´s almost the same but “just” in another place, at the left side of the board. Maybe that black area it´s too narrow but moving the board a little to the right it can be used some of the space of the other side.

Now, with less space messages could be like this:

MuzuaneAskari starts turn.
Fortify.
+4 in Alaska
+2 Venezuela
Attack.
From Vezuela to Peru (and Peru is written in the attacked player´s colour)
……
Fortify
6 From Peru to Brazil
Muzuane Askari ends turn

Texts messages are just an example that this small space can be enough.

I am not too good with computers, so I don´t know if this change is possible or if it´s too much work but I wanted to share with you this idea.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Vexer wrote:
it would be a lot of work and you would have to have a large monitor to fit it. I don't think there would be room on a laptop. And in a few years when all laptops have 1080p resolution all the new maps will be made bigger.

It would be nice to have as an option though. On my monitor i have tons of room.

I can tell you thought that it's at the very bottom of the priority list because it would take a lot of work for a small benefit.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
Well, I think I would have room enough to read it clearly in my laptop but "a lot of work for a small benefit." it's a good point.

I guess if all of you got used to this Game Log I can do it too.

Thanxs
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Thorpe wrote:
Pogo does it for their chat and the map is really small. What about a pop down log?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Holt wrote:
I think you brought up a good point about the game log though. Unless the game log is explained to newer players it is actually hidden until they are either told about it or discover it for themselves. I believe this needs to be remedied.
Vexer wrote:
i have plans for a game log button that will be more obvious.
marcoxa wrote:
ok i had an awesome idea. what if we made a tab to switch to. you could make it next to the "players" text in the players section and you can switch between players and the game log. it would save space cuz you would not need anymore things than there already is.
Vexer wrote:
excellent idea. That is far more user friendly than what we have.

Matty, if you are reading this, how much work would it be to have a players/chat tab and a log tab?
Matty wrote:
I'm not exactly sure how the players tab gets its information, but moving the log over it should be doable.
But the log has long sentences, they won't fit in the players tab.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
I would treat the players and chat as a tab. Or maybe not replace the players area with the game log, but the chat box.

I think this should not be too hard to do, though. Maybe another tab could be added called "Actions" or "Options", where the "Extend time" and "Vote to make this game long-term" buttons could be placed.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
marcoxa wrote:
this is what i propose.

[image]
marcoxa wrote:
the reason i think it should be the players box and not the chat box is that if someone switched to other tab and never switched back to the chat box, how are we supposed to contact that person? it would be easy to forget and something i could even do from time to time. so i think its important to have that always visible. if its the bigger space your looking for the make the chat box smaller. 
marcoxa wrote:
and as far as the long sentences in the game log MuzuaneAskari has already posted a great idea. plus i think its more user friendly as well.

"Now, with less space messages could be like this:

MuzuaneAskari starts turn.
Fortify.
+4 in Alaska
+2 Venezuela
Attack.
From Vezuela to Peru (and Peru is written in the attacked player´s colour)
……
Fortify
6 From Peru to Brazil
Muzuane Askari ends turn"

and also with the "Other Options" tab you could put things like:

quit game
extend time to 7 Mins
extend game to 24hr

and any other ideas we have been thinking of.
Matty wrote:
I am soo going to conqueror jumping spider now xD

And the design looks good, now hope someone will find the time to implement all of it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria