A suggestion
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
The_Bishop wrote:
I don't like so much how the timer works in the live games. For 2 reasons:

1st - Too long to wait when some player leaves. For example when 2 players leave, all the others have to wait 20 minutes!

2nd - Too short when you need to think a lot for decide the action and when you have decided to make a very large attack sometimes it's too late for do it. Specially when one is playing on a new map and has to check the connections between territories.

This game it is not usually based on time. It is unpleasant to lose a game just because you run out of time during your action. It is unpleasant to lose because I'm not so fast to click mouse with my finger.

Here my proposal:

- The players start their turn with 1 minute. If you don't press "Begin turn" in 1 minute, you will miss your turn.

- When one presses "Begin turn", 3 minutes will be added to his timer. He will get totally 4 minutes.

- The time spent in the action will be compensated adding 2 seconds for each time one presses "Attack" or "Send troops".
(No compensation for pressing "Reset selektion" or "Undo";).

- When one defeats a player the timer restarts the countdown from 4 minutes.

In this way we will have all the time we need to think the action and make it. We won't need anymore to call the Admin for request to set the game to 7 minutes in the biggest capitals game endings. And also we won't have anymore to wait 10 minutes for each player which decide to leave the game!

What do you think, Vexer? And you guys?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Vexer wrote:
we have simpler solutions planned that won't make new players think the site is broken. For a new player, seeing the timer change every time you attack would be confusing and seem glitchy.

Her are the plans:
2 minutes to start your turn whether the turn time be 3, 5 or 7 minutes
only you will see that you have only 2 minutes, the timer will appear to say 5 for everyone else. This will be less confusing for new players. but after two minutes you will miss your turn.

In increasing games the turn time increases according to how high the card turn in value is. If the card turn in value is 45 then you'll have 5 min. 45 secs.

We will have 'more time' button that can be used once per game. Usually there is only one turn in a game where you need an extra 5 minutes.
marcoxa wrote:
the extra time button is now available, however i think they are still working on the other stuff
Matty wrote:
Well, its on the todo list (my personal one, and the official one), but for me its not top priority right now.

There is one remark that I would like 7 minute games to have 3 minutes to start a game instead of 2.
Having a short start time is nice, but it will make playing two live games at the same time even more impossible - I like it to be able to start a 2nd live game, even if I havent finished the first one yet.
But if im going to kill everyone in the first one, i dont want to check the other game every minute, cause Ill need my attention in the other one...

Not that I'll need the 3 minutes often, but its way less stressfull for finishing the first game.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria