Allow matches without consequences for your rank.
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Cireon wrote:
Not sure if this was suggested or discussed already, maybe this is already on the todo-list:
Why not add the possibility of having friendly matches that do not result in any point gain/loss, but also do not reward you tokens. This could for example be used if a very strong player wants to play with a very weak player (because they know each other irl for example). This would also maybe motivate the stronger players to play a bit more with weaker players, because they don't want to risk losing a lot of points. Another possible use could be "tutorial games", in which stronger players advice weaker players (which is a good thing, I think, and would probably happen a lot more if this would have less risk/consequences for the player involved).

I can see why one would not want this, but then it is good to know it won't be added at all, so I can let this rest.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
killrick wrote:
cireon  i like this idea . it makes lots of sence to me i would like to tutor new players but as you say not loos a pile of points because of bad tactics on the newbies part.also its the main reason i dont play with too many new players. some just dont get the strategys needed to play a good game and they could use some help with that
Vexer wrote:
we have discussed this before. I call them 'pointless' games.

You have added a new idea though, no tokens for pointless games. And while I was reading your post I had the thought that it might also be a good idea to limit the number of pointless games that you can have going at a time because we don't want all games to be pointless games.

You are more than welcome to help program this. Just work with Matty to get up to date files and he probably already has an idea on how to make this work. The harder part is how to notify players before they join the game if it's going to be for points or not. We have to modify the page layout to include all the new options we are going to add.
Thorpe wrote:
A lot of times though, Newbies do not want the help. The players I have trained in the past have been players that have a least 150 to 200 games under their belt and can not get a grip on Cap games.

Maybe under the live games listing...it could say "Training Game...No-Points awarded"

Some players wonder why you would help them or give them the correct way to play...cause all you want is to win..so this idea would help.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Nice idea again.

And yes, there should somehow be a limit on this. I usually like it better when I have something to loose more than a game, even when I dont care that much about stuff.

Im not sure about the tallies though.
If its a match with friends for fun, id say update the tallies as well.
However, if i play a match with friends, why not also let points in :)
If im not going for the win in a game, but for teaching, I might not want to loose tallies either, because I could have won it, but choose not to...
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
I absolutly agree.

On the opposite side, we may allow also games with rank limitation, when good players want to play a serious match without newbies which can ruin the game.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Holt wrote:
I would think that if no points are being rewarded nor lost in a game then I also don't believe you should be able to win tokens or tallies on an opponent either. Otherwise a player could sit at a certain rank for a long period of time and just grab enough tokens to buy that rank before playing again. It also would skew the statistics on the skill level if they were allowed to grab tally points on people because players would not play to their full potential in a game that they don't have to be serious about.
Vexer wrote:
yes, pointless games should also be not have tallies.