Resign button?
  • 23 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
MacroMike wrote:
Would it be a good idea to have a way for players to resign from the game? Any remaining territories on the board could then default to an unassigned/unowned state.

This way if someone has given up on a game they can resign & the other player won't have to wait 24 hours for that persons turn to expire.
Votazap wrote:
I think this is a good idea although this idea has been passed down for a long time but if this option ever makes its way to dominating 12 it should only be available for 2p games .
Matty wrote:
But then if you want to resign in a 2p game, you can just run yourself dead on everything you see - it will be over in a very short time :)

But don't change territories to gray. Cause than games can be totally ruined - you want to take his cap/cards and earn something for the reason the other player resigned...
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
BrewDog wrote:
I don't like it only because I know I'll resign accidently and then be angry.
Votazap wrote:
Well maybe to resign you have to type your username in a resign box there is no way to accidentally resign
Vexer wrote:
hmm.. What if instead of the resign button automatically removing you from the game and turning you neutral, the button would simply end your turn as soon as it starts until you miss two turns and are kicked from the game. This would simulate you quitting the game the way bad mannered players currently do except you wouldn't have to wait for their timer to run out. This way you would still have a chance for one turn to kill them for their cards or take their capital before they go neutral.
BrewDog wrote:
That's not a bad idea at all. It drives me nuts having to kill zombies and get no benefit. If installed, please make sure you add the "Are you sure you want to quit?" confirmation after the first click.
Pntbttr wrote:
I really like this idea...I doubt that I will use it but it is a good idea...maybe if you quit than all your territories should reset to 3.
Vexer wrote:
that's an excellent suggestion pntbttr. maybe we should do that anytime a player goes neutral and not just when they use the quit button. But i would make one small change. They would be reduced to 3 but if they were already less than 3 then they should stay that way.
Thorpe wrote:
If you quit do you get to keep your points?...and I like the idea of yours Vexer cause you might have plans to take the territory then they quit and they all go back to 3 would make me mad...

What happens in a cap game?

Is this for only 2 player games? If so why not for all games?

At what time in the game can they quit?

Can you give an example how it would work?

Got to get my mind around this idea.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Whatever happends - you should have a fair chance of killing them if you were to anyways.

But a mix of post 11 and post 7 would be interesting.

@Thorpe, something like that for two player games would be very simple - you just loose, thats all.
Its only getting interesting about what to do for more than 2 players ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Holt wrote:
I would not like this idea in 2p games for fear of people giving away quick points to other players on purpose. We may end up finding a group of friends that don't mind giving points to their buddies by just resigning at the beginning of a 2p game.

Im not sure about the whole resign button thing. But I do have another idea that might help. Im not sure if it is something that we can do without a programmer but what if we created a Cancel Game button.

We would not instill just one person with this in the game though. We could make it to where everyone would have to agree to cancel the game. If everyone presses the cancel game button then the game will be cancelled and points will not be rewarded. That way if someone leaves the game then the other 3 or 4 players etc left in the game have the option to cancel the game. Also if someone all of a sudden does not have time to finish said game they can all vote on if they would like to cancel the game. If they do not then we can make it to where all the leaving players troops reset to neutral 3's as said in a previous post.

If you don't like that idea though you can tell me. I don't see a downside of it but maybe someone else would.