• 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Webnet wrote:
When it's not my turn, it says "Time remaining:" and counts down... this is great, but I think it should be more clear that it's for a player's turn, as well as who's turn it is. "Time remaining for your turn" or "Your turn expires in:"
Member of the Gamer-Source gaming network
4myGod wrote:
Perhaps I can put it in bright yellow or red if it's your own turn.
Webnet wrote:
That would work. The deciding factor in whether to put the member's name or color would be, which is more recognizable? If you, me, and hugs constantly play the same games and always play the same colors then it would be fine if it was just color. I think otherwise you may want to put the member's name in addition to their color.
4myGod wrote:
Well I am not talking about putting the countdown in the color the member is, but rather just a bright color, like the games link when you have a new game. The reason is I don't want to add any unnecessary information the player has to read. It would be much easier for the player to see gray on everyone else's turn and then see a bright yellow or a bright red on his own.

The reason I say yellow or red is because I don't know which one would be better.
wca wrote:
I think putting the name of the player whose turn it is would be good. So I don't have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see who is up next.
4myGod wrote:
Alright, how do you guys think it should be written?

Time Remaining (4myGod): 23 seconds
wca wrote:
That sounds good. Maybe put their name in their color, also.
Webnet wrote:
4myGod's turn ends in: 13 seconds

You can use $tru->utility->text->getPosessive($membername);