Provide an option to play games password protected
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Matty wrote:
Hey, me and Cireon wanted to be able to set up a new game, and play that one with just a couple of friends.
Is it possible to provide a password on a (regular) game, so that only the friends that know the password can join?

If this is not possible (which it is now) all friends should create or join the map at the same time, which kind of misses the point of a regular 24h game ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
it's near the top of a long to do list but we desperately need more programmers.

In the mean time you can send me a list of players, the map, and the game options and I can manually input the game into the database to ensure only the right players are in the game.
Matty wrote:
Ok, good to hear that it's on the todolist. I can't play another game right now, since i play 5 already, but i have some ppl interested in one, so ill message you when we want to start one ;)

Thanks!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Pntbttr wrote:
...Matty we have are really long list...
here is what I know about...I know somebody will be able to add to it:
Visual:
Redo Homepage
more colors for territory circles
possible to edit topic title and discription
example box (when starting first game with new option)
Options:
Capped Cards
Fixed Fortifying (example: Chained 2...you can move like chained but do it twice)
Fixed Dice (example: Fixed Dice 4...you can only loss 4 times in a row)
different densities of Fog (Example: Thin Fog...Can see two territories away instead of one)
Capture
Kings
Pairs
Triads
Card Fog
Secret forces
Private games
Manul Placement
leave option (I don't know if I like this idea)
Friend list (not sure about this one either)
I just came up with one what if we had a list of all the players active in the last 15 min on the screen when you start a live game and you check and uncheck the people you want to invite (what do you think)
Assassin (not sure if I like this one either)
Computer players (play the computer)

Thats all I could come up with...there is more though

Oh and people always want new maps...and the dominating 12 games currently can only play eight people at once we want 12...

can anybody else think of something?
cody224 wrote:
A tournament/Tournament Forum would nice. About 2 years ago we talked about doing one, but we didn't have the necesary things for it to work. Example: Password games, a tournament forum, being able to edit forum posts. I remember I even created a bracket for us back then, but it never happened. I think it would be cool to win Medals/Ribbons for them that would display on your profile.
Vexer wrote:
we will have a tournament as soon as fendi starts a forum thread on it.

When i get around to it i will create a tournaments forum but for now it will probably go in the general discussion forum.

Password protected games are not a requirement if an admin is running the tournament. Fendi can create the game with the proper players directly in the database.
Matty wrote:
It took a while, but password protected games are now possible :)