3d graphics in 2d
  • 11 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Eagle22 wrote:
A good visual presentation is something that every one likes, RIGHT.
Well why not try to do something like what is now on Face Book with there version of RISK it's called Risk Factions... I know they can afford a rather large budget for developement etc. however can we here do something to make our maps stand out just a bit .
It would also give a little edge on other Risk sites, and in turn help promote and grow D12. Of course I know all you guys work extremely hard on providing good quality maps now... but It is just a thought. Thanks for listening, Cheers. 
Vexer wrote:
I checked it out. Lame!

I didn't like the interface, not being able to see the whole map at once and everything was slow. Not only did the animations slow things down but they were super annoying and cheesy. Is that what you meant by stand out? All these cheesy graphics popping at you. What are we 10 years old?

We are different for a reason. Not everyone likes that kind of interface. This is a site for serious risk players. We will never cheese up our interface like that.

Improving the interface is pretty low on our priority list because what we have works. There are many other things to improve first. Like adding game types and options.
Pntbttr wrote:
Um...that sounds kinda weird....anyway I was wondering how many games can a regular membership person play at a time...5 right?...well the premuime membership thing says they have 4....?
Thorpe wrote:
Way to tell Eagle22 so he will never give his idea's again...what are you against ideas?  Or are you a dicktator? No idea is dumb or age wise ...just some are better than others and some will not work! Eagle22 keep the ideas coming and don't let the "Old Stick in the Mud" stop you!

Cool off Vexer!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Eagle22 wrote:
nooo don,t want cheesey cartoons but something a little better than what we are currently doing. And thanks Vex for being so positive and up lifting in your comments !
Vexer wrote:
I'm a big fat jerk stuck in his own little world, but at least i admit it right? ftl

And to pntbttr, it's on my list, i just don't know where the file is to edit it. It takes time to find, there are hundred of files on the site.
Thorpe wrote:
But at least I still "Love You Man" @ Vexer!

Eagle22 Vexer just says what he thinks and don't take it to heart...it's just his way!

Try to make a map and let him teach you and you will find out...what a big fat jerk he really is...LOL

But he is normally right...just says it with a scar and a little rough
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
he just wants the site to be perfect....don't we all?

^_^