need more neutrals
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Vexer wrote:
This idea came from jaconan and thaithai separately but within minutes of each other after playing a 2p game with me on the new DXII Stadium map.

The player who goes first on a large map has a huge advantage because for example on the Stadium map they get to place 6 armies which is enough to hit the other player pretty hard before they even take their first turn. This is magnified on a capitals game. The first player can knock the other player down to 14 territories using the +6 and his/her armies from their capital to take the region around the capital and totally clear their opponent out of the area making it so they don't even have to have that many on their capital anymore.

The solution is to have more neutrals. The idea is to limit the amount of territories that a player can start with in a 2 player game to 14 no matter how big the map. On the Stadium map that would mean 30 neutrals.

I can't say for sure that it would be better but it would be nice to have it as an option and try it out.
1771 wrote:
I think it is a great ideal, the reason i don't play fixed cards capitals is pretty much the same theory, i don't like the 8 a guy gets right off the bat. I agree with this completely...Is there something you need me to do Vexer, or is this something you can fix, do we need to talk to Teck? Let me know bro. Would this just be another option?
Vexer wrote:
i would like it as an option. Teck would have to program it. there is nothing I can do on my end to implement it.
Pntbttr wrote:
we could put limits on just about any thing card bounse, fortifying, this and we have all ready talked about dice.