A way to leave...
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Vexer wrote:
a concede option would only be fair if there were only two players. If there are more players then your conceding might be unfair to the other players.
For example, if you were to concede, your territories and armies would turn to neutral. If I was planning on killing you for your cards and then turning in those cards to kill the other player then you conceding could cause me to lose when I otherwise would have won.

If the site ever got a computer player, then the computer player could take over after you concede and then I would still be able to kill the computer player for your cards. if that were the case then I would be all for having a concede button for more then 2 player games.

But if that never happens, please plan on finishing every game you join.
blockbuster19 wrote:
i think a concede button would be cool for 2p...if you had to go or something you could quit,but,if you did,you would lose half the points you would have lost if you had lost and the other player gets double the points he would have gotten if he had won..for 3p to 8p you could quit but every player gets 10 points and 10 tokens and the person who quits loses 10 points and tokens...i dont know how exactly that would work but if it was possible then i say we should try something of the sort..if we cant do it or another user highly disagrees i understand completely...please tell me your thoughts
1771 wrote:
Vexer said it all, for there to be a concede button we would also have to have a bot, not saying it wouldn't be a cool option, because it would, but the bot would be the hardest part to create I believe, especially after playing the bots that I have played before in risk games, because honestly I haven't came across a bot in a risk game that could compare to even the worst of real players.
Vexer wrote:
1771, you haven't tried turborisk. I wrote one of the bots and I guarantee that if you play the game with the default game options (increasing cards) on level "very hard" that my bot "vexer" will beat you at least 50% of the time. (he doesn't win at all with fixed cards - haven't programed that yet, nor have I programmed for less than 6 players)

The problem with that bot is that it is very CPU intensive and would kill the server if I ported it to this site. I could write a simple bot that would be about as good as a basic player and not eat too many CPU cycles but I don't even know where to start. Turborisk has an IDE that makes it easy to program with lots of useful built in functions. I don't even know what language I would use to write a bot for this site.

Here is the link for turborisk: http://www.marioferrari.org/freeware/turborisk/turborisk.html
1771 wrote:
I just checked it out, man those bots are vicious! I felt like a piece of meat dropped into a pack of wolves. I would like to have one of those here for when people have to leave in a live game. I used Vexer too, very nice job bro, he is a killer.