• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Xixi2 wrote:
It seems like the point system has divided the players into two categories :

1. Ones who take their points seriously, and only play with people of the same rank, when they have time to think about their move,
   also mostly in low-risk games like Join order 2 vs 2.
2. Ones who don't take the points seriously and have a wildly varying score over time. (like me)

I think it would be nice to have an option during game creation to make a game ranked or unranked.
People could play unranked games for fun (or between two meetings), without the risk of losing any points.
Rockbert wrote:
That reminds me of Rocket League, Competitive vs Casual. Interesting idea.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Axobongo wrote:
i am certain this is the best and easiest thing to implement that will boost Live game activity in a most positive way on various levels
The "'point serious'' people will have the best of both worlds, their point pursuit plus freedom from it whenever they want to risk only a win or a loss
The experienced people are more likely to enhance the Live game arena, and be great teachers for the novice player as a side effect.
I have even, on occasion, seen suicidal behavior based on point concerns {as well as Standings concerns} [verified].
If the Live multiplayer game arena becomes more robust, and more new people stick around, it should prove a better business model for selling Premiums...