Unable to paginate through list of games
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
sfclimbers wrote:
The list of long term games indicates that there are many more games waiting for players than are currently shown on the page (e.g. showing 71 of 151 games). Yet, I don't see any means by which to iterate through all those games to see if there are any I want to join. My choice is limited to only the first page of results, with seemingly no ability to advance to the second and subsequent pages of results.
Cireon wrote:
Check the filters on the page. Duplicate and password protected games aren't shown by default
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Let's change the text from "Displaying 8 of 12 games" to "Displaying 8 games (4 games hidden by filter)".

That should remove some of the confusion.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
sfclimbers wrote:
Yeah, that is a good change. Though, in my case, I think I didn't realize that all 71 (of 151 total games) were shown on the page. I believe I was expecting to have to paginate through those 71. I didn't count to see whether 71 were actually visible, it just felt like fewer than 71 visible, thus sending me to look for a paginator.
Matty wrote:
Yeah, I'm still not 100% happy about that page, as indeed, a pagination would be good.

The problem is that a pagination makes a filter slower, and I don't like that either. So yeah, not really sure what to do about that page.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria