Probable solution to card issue in a two player game.
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Glanru wrote:
In most three or more player games a fixed card selection allows for a manageable way to balance the game. But in a two player game, both fixed card or increasing cards have limitations that often result in the game being thrown either by randomness of starting territories or randomness in cards. I know this game has a significant amount to do with randomness and that is also a major part of the fun. But, I think my idea listed below may help balance the randomness with strategy in an efficient manner to increase the enjoyment of the game:

Capped card selection would start the first card turn in at 4. The second card turn in would then be 6. All further card turn ins would result in 8. I think this would help prevent significant early advantages that currently exist in two player games by getting the first card turn in which usually occurs by getting the first turn.
Glanru wrote:
Most importantly... if this idea is added to the game, the other two game options would still be available for those who think they are more fun. Anyone who knows me, knows I love options!
lucide wrote:
That would be pretty good. It also sounds like it wouldnt be very hard to code this option.
Vexer wrote:
I don't think that it would be too difficult to code, but I am no expert. I think that it would be great if you could choose what the cap is, instead of limiting it to 8.
Insperatus wrote:
Glanru I think Vexer's idea here is the key to making this a great option for everyone! Choosing when the cap is applied is an awesome option and would be a distinctive feature of your site!
Dsds7292 wrote:
So I could chose if I wanted he cap to be 4 or if I wanted the cap to be 45. Sweet
1771 wrote:
I like the idea, because the reason i dont really play fixed games is because of the first 8 man turn in, it is too unfair, especially in two player games and capital games. only problem is that a fixed card game can take forever, so when joining i would still want a relatively high cap, especially in live game, but that is ofcourse my own personal opinion.
Dsds7292 wrote:
I wanted to bring back this topic. I think it is an amazing idea.