move
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
kwikool wrote:
Please move the end turn button away from the other actions so you don't end your turn by mistake. this has happened many many times when you think your pressing end pahase and end up pressing end turn
dough_boy wrote:
I think it is fine, it is just lack of paying attention.

However, I do think they can change things up and not use the same buttons. Maybe we should make a fortify button (image) that has like a castle on it and an end turn button (image) that is red and has a stop sign or something? Or use CSS on the current buttons and have end turn just be red so that people visually can see it and not complain they didn't know it would end the turn.
kwikool wrote:
ending your turn is non reversible.i think having the location oef END TURN away from the normal play stuff that is reversible a good practice. im ture im not the only one who has inadvertantly done that
dough_boy wrote:
No you are not, but it has been requested numerous times over the years.

I really think that they just need to visually style the buttons. I often have to wait for a partner to comment, so when I come back a few hours later I have to look to see if I am in attack or fort phase.
sfclimbers wrote:
I think that it is more than just visual cues. Sometimes you click, but the response is slow. If you click again, or accidentally double click, or have an ill performing mouse like one of mine that spontaneously double clicks, in all these scenarios you unintentionally end your turn! I have had to make a practice of explicitly examining the button and counting to 3 before clicking it. Usually not a good sign for "ease of use". That said, I recognize that there is very little space in which to place things, and that there are a number of other objects competing for the same real estate.
dough_boy wrote:
My reco then would be:

1. Rename the button to be "End Attack Phase" and not just "End Phase"
2. Since the "Back to Attack Phase" button shows on the left, just put the "End Turn" button over there with it

You could never accidentally click the button as you would have to move your mouse literally across the screen. Since it is a deliberate action it shouldn't be a bad experience.
sfclimbers wrote:
Taking inspiration from dough_boy; Why not put the End Phase button on the left, toggling between End Phase and Back to Attack Phase? That way if people double click on it, there is no harm done -- they are simply back in attack mode. Whereas today, they accidentally end their turn.