• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
dough_boy wrote:
I had 21 to place. I highlighted the 21, typed in 3, and then placed. Well, it didn't remove the 21 so it was 321. It didn't error out, it just placed the max available.

THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. If the number is larger than what is available it can reasonably be assumed that it is not accurate AND should error out.
Cireon wrote:
I get your point. Right now I believe this behaviour is enforced by the browser. We want to set a minimum and maximum on the number input so that it doesn't allow you to set invalid values using the up and down errors, but that may cause the browser to just coerce too high values to the maximum for us. As a matter of fact, I am pretty sure we would error out in this case (though I'd have to check the code for sure). In other words, solving this particular case causes other user journeys to be worse.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
I think the issue is on the backend, not the front end. Unless you are saying that me typing in 321 in the textbox isn't what is actually passed to the backend?