• 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
dough_boy wrote:
https://dominating12.com/game/1198536

Team B lost 25 rating, but Team A gained 24. I know we cannot split 1, but why not assign the remainder either randomly, to the lowest rated or highest rated? If there was say a remainder of 2 and a team of 3, rules would apply until the remainder is used up.
Cireon wrote:
I think this edge case was deemed rare enough that it was accepted. I'd have no problems assigning it to those on a team with the lowest ratings though.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
I would be fine with this. Is it possible to query the database to see how many ratings were lost, and how many were assigned to see how pervasive it is?
Cireon wrote:
We could query the database for this and find out, though it'd be a costly query since we don't have good infrastructure to check.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
vikingo1337 wrote:
Yeah, this is a recurring problem. We definitely need a solution for it, although I don't know if the one suggested is fair to both players.

Maybe if the other team player was compensated with tokens? Or the rating system could split the last rating into halves if possible.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
Matty wrote:
Alternative: instead of giving one person more than the next, we could make one person lose one rating less, so that the rating can always be evenly split.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria