It is currently inadequate
  • 30 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Matty wrote:
About reporting trolling players to moderators (who join a game just to kick you from it)
vikingo1337
...especially seeing as you'd have to do it multiple times with multiple players and moderators...
So apparently this is a thing that happens often. I have never heard of this happening. Do any of the mods have heard of it?
Because if you don't report this, we most certainly can't do anything about it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
Investigator
Impossible to join long term games when an avoided player joins every single one

I understand non member can only join/play 5 for free. Make it 50 for premium members. More than enough
The solution is simple here: create a new game yourself.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
So far I agree that:

- Avoided players should not send you private messages
- Avoided players should not chat in your games
- Avoided players should not invite you
- Guests and avoided players should not know when you were last online.
(both on your profile, as in the user list)
Note: they can see whether or not you were online in the last 15 minutes or not by Ctrl-F searching through that list.
- A note on why this player was blocked would be nice to have.
Investigator wrote:
Matty
About reporting trolling players to moderators (who join a game just to kick you from it)
vikingo1337
...especially seeing as you'd have to do it multiple times with multiple players and moderators...
So apparently this is a thing that happens often. I have never heard of this happening. Do any of the mods have heard of it?
Because if you don't report this, we most certainly can't do anything about it.

This happens all the time. Even after politely asking a player to refrain from doing so.
Investigator wrote:
Matty
So far I agree that:

Note: they can see whether or not you were online in the last 15 minutes or not by Ctrl-F searching through that list.

Might as well add that an avoided player cannot view any game you're playing
Investigator wrote:
Matty
Investigator
Impossible to join long term games when an avoided player joins every single one

I understand non member can only join/play 5 for free. Make it 50 for premium members. More than enough
The solution is simple here: create a new game yourself.

Yes, sure. Only problem is that it will take a long time to get it started as that player has started 4-5 games with the same game settings.

It also makes me wonder how annoying it could get if a player in +50 long term games cannot take his turns for whatever reason.
I have seen some with 100 long term games in progress

vikingo1337 wrote:
Investigator
Matty
So far I agree that:

Might as well add that an avoided player cannot view any game you're playing

Absolutely. That would put an end to stalking in here.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
Edman6 wrote:
If you avoid a player, they should not be allowed to join any games you are already in. Conversely (and I think it works this way already), you should not be able to join any game that the avoided player is already in. Unless you stop avoiding them. Which I have done, because my desire to play a game was stronger than my desire to avoid. 

Cireon wrote:
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Cireon is online.
Edman6 wrote:
I was invited to a game and accepted. After I did so, Billy64 joined and he's on my avoid list. He shouldn't be allowed to join, but instead I was bumped. It makes me mad because I really like the advanced setting and I even renewed my paid membership just to play this game.
I think it's not worth avoiding people and just take them out early.
Which like totally defeats the purpose of an avoid list.
Edman6 wrote:
If I would have been given the option, I would have rather deleted my avoid of the player than avoided playing the game. 
DreamStreet wrote:
Edman6
If I would have been given the option, I would have rather deleted my avoid of the player than avoided playing the game. 

You can do that. You can always delete your avoid of the player and rejoin the game.
DreamStreet wrote:
Matty

This I absolutely disagree with. Game chats should be open to everyone. I can understand why you might not want to be insulted or made fun of, but we already have rules against that and you can get chat banned if you chat inappropriately. I also enjoy talking with many players in game chats that I am not playing. It's fun to interact. Chats should be open to everyone, and whoever breaks the rules gets chat banned.

Matty

I disagree with this as well. However, maybe have a completely separate avoid list for private messages. Just because I might not like how a player plays does not mean I do not want to interact with them at all. I just prefer not to play with them specifically for various reasons. I think we need to remember that there could be many reasons why we avoid players. For me its usually either, I don't like their playstyle and it makes me vulnerable to losing points, or because their rank is extremely low that if I lose to them, I can lose so many points and if I win, I get barely anything. I usually use this reason to avoid for 1v1 games. I don't want to play 1v1 games with people that I will only get like 1-4 points for a win and lose 30+ if I lose.

The only other reason I might avoid a player is if they have a terrible attendance reputation.

However, all of those reasons for me it is just about playing the game. I do not dislike them or want to avoid communication. I just don't want to play with them.

All that to say, I support a completely different avoid list for private messages if you're getting harassed, etc.
2ofclubs wrote:
sfclimbers
Following up, a spiteful person being avoided could just spend the whole day joining games their victim joins, then leave, continuously preventing the victim from ever getting to play (until the victim creates their own game or manages to be the final person to join a game). Seems like preference is being given to the wrong person.
This has happened to me more than once.  I have given in and unavoid giving them a chance and quickly remember why in some cases avoided. 
WRKD4IT
Axobongo wrote:
i just think if the game creator invites you and not your avoided person, then those you avoid should not be able to knock you out because creator shows preference for you.. it's still the game creators will.
 Much of the other problems mentioned above can be / are solved by the admin, such as when one player hassles another.