• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
God_of_War wrote:
There is that noise when a player ends their turn. How about adding a noise (that you can disable) when someone starts their turn.

Useful for when we are playing long-term games, especially fog games, when you want to spy as much as possible to see what occurred before everyone else goes and the board flips w/o you realizing it.

Thanks
Hi there!
Matty wrote:
Adding noises for things you shouldn't react to doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
God_of_War wrote:
Matty
Adding noises for things you shouldn't react to doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.

You don't react to what you watched your opponents attempt to do? Not sure how you play this game without that knowledge.

It could be auto-disabled for everyone so people like myself that watch the games all-day, like same-time ones can see things happen or you at least know they "showed" up without having to watch for a log to record something, while typing to a partner. I can actually do other things and listen for an indicator.
Hi there!
Matty wrote:
Well, I mostly stopped playing fog of war games because indeed I don't have the time / energy to keep watching what they're doing.
But there is a big difference between 'makes strategic sense to observe' and 'you must do something right now'.
Invasive notifications (like sound) are for the latter, not the former.

As for the 'disable by default and only enable by you'. Well, if most people are not going to use it, why put effort into it?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria