Or is there something else going on?
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
This just caught my eye:

[image]

Kinda odd? Won that game by actually beating the opponents; not by someone resigning. Then also manually joined the game, while not being online? Eh
The D12 clock says it's 12:50 (and I think it indeed is; no out of sync stuff).
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Cireon wrote:
We're aware there are some problems around this, and it's being investigated, but no luck so far.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Cireon
We're aware there are some problems around this, and it's being investigated, but no luck so far.

What I'm thinking.... when someone manually logs out - the system will then return NOT the last active time, yet the last ACTIVATION time (last moment they logged in) - is that possible?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Nope, that's not it.
Once every few requests we store the new 'last active' dates. And sometimes it doesn't do that. The problem here is that it's not a fault in that bit of code, but that it never comes there in the first place.
Or at least, for some people it never does (like elysium5), for me everything works just fine :'(

Which just makes this even harder to find where it goes wrong.

Anyways, thanks for the report. In this case we knew, but better to have something reported twice than us not knowing about it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
Should be fixed now.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
Should be fixed now.

Just out of curiosity; what do you think it was? How did you fix it?

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Just out of curiosity; what do you think it was? How did you fix it?
I changed something in the middleware which adds some headers that give additional security (you can check in the browser tools - network). While doing that I also reordered some middleware to be alphabetical.

Now, if you logged in with the 'remember me' checkbox checked all was fine, but if you didn't, this happened:
It tried in one part of the middleware to check if you were logged in (to update the last active), and in another it handled the case for when the cookies weren't added automatically to make sure you're properly logged in.
Ugh.