• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
sfclimbers wrote:
It would be very nice to see the wins/losses/win rate per map for any given user (or at least for myself). This could be done in the existing Favorirte Maps section of the user's Statistics screen. Or, you might include it in the Finished Games screen. Something along the lines of this:

MapPlayedWonWin Rate
World Classic30020067%
AlexCheckMate wrote:
sfclimbers
It would be very nice to see the wins/losses/win rate per map for any given user (or at least for myself). This could be done in the existing Favorirte Maps section of the user's Statistics screen. Or, you might include it in the Finished Games screen. Something along the lines of this:

MapPlayedWonWin Rate
World Classic30020067%

I'm all in favour of statistics, but to find an optimised thing for this is harder than it seems at the first glimpse, IMO.
I would argue its more useful to get those stats per other criteria, e.g. game type (cap vs DM vs..), # of players, type of cards, advanced stuff (fog, password, etc) and teams.

But then this will give a huge matrix of data with loads of crossings... albeit useful, maybe overkill and therewith actually less useful? I don't know.

Completely open to hear more opinions.

Why do you propose per map? I assume just as cool info? Or do you plan to use this in a manner in your tactics?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
For now we won't be adding more statistics like this I think. It's slow enough as it is :)

But yeah, if you do this, you'd have to add them for all categories, gametypes, maps, player amounts etc.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
sfclimbers wrote:
I assume that gathering stats for all axis would be a bigger job. I did see another post by someone asking for similar, for all game creation criteria, to be added as filters on the Finished Games page. Given that you already have the table for maps, thought it might be a more managable task. And, it would be public that way. It would be useful for my own tracking, as well as giving insight on expected level of play when considering a game with unfamiliar participants. If performance is a concern, you could always require further drill down before showing more detailed stats. Anyway, not a huge deal. Just a nice to have.