Adjustment
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
kwikool wrote:
We've been playing the Europe map quite a bit...  and as we've played , I've notice what i believe to be a disparity in one territory. in the south east europ terrritroy which included trukey, I believe the 3 bonus it gets , is not in line with the other 3 bonus territories but is more in line with a 2 territory.

this territory has 5 countries and 3 borders to protect.
the other 3 bonuses have 5 countries and 4 borders to protect and
the other 2 bonuses have 4 countries with 3 borders  or 3 countries with 4 borders

i know its ambiguous but t seems this area is very easy to take and maintain., and should be reduced to a 2 bonus......

just my thought

The_Bishop wrote:
Current map for reference: https://dominating12.com/assets/img/maps/33.large.jpg

Actually we call the countries 'territories', and a set of territories 'region'.
I think you are right, a +2 bonus for that region would be fair.

Should we change that bonus after 16,000 games played ?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
kwikool wrote:
yes  i did mean region...
and  .i think yes  i would change it.... i dont think anyone would balk.

just my 2 cents 
The_Bishop wrote:
I support your idea @kwikool: +2 to the south-eastern region.
Let's see if everybody agrees with that.
vikingo1337 wrote:
Denmark looks weird. The nose in the middle of Jutland has been turned into a dick near Germany. And where are the islands?

The Netherlands have been given the same rough treatment. Looks like a chunk of crudely cut cheese. Gouda, I imagine.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
The_Bishop wrote:
All coast lines are greatly inaccurate, actually.
Matty wrote:
Sorry for a late reply.

kwikool
this territory has 5 countries and 3 borders to protect.
the other 3 bonuses have 5 countries and 4 borders to protect and
the other 2 bonuses have 4 countries with 3 borders  or 3 countries with 4 borders

... should be reduced to a 2 bonus...
I see two regions with a bonus of 2. One has 4 territories, 2 of which are borders. The other has 3 territories, 3 of which are borders.
So you're wrong on the numbers.

The turkey region has 5 territories, 3 of which are borders, so by Vexer's formula that's a pretty solid 3. I do agree that the other 3-regions are slightly harder to defend, and this is a pretty good region to start with. But not that special though.

I'd be opposed to this change, I think it's good as it is. I think the UK region is still the best one to have on this map, not the Turkey region.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria